Getting a "Tick" sound from my Russound... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Getting a "Tick" sound from my Russound...

Tahoe Gator
05-20-2005, 05:33 PM
I have a brand new Russound CAV6.6 whole house A/V setup. I am getting a periodic "tick" sound (imagine the sound of an insect hitting your windshield) out of the speakers. I am using the pre-amp outs into a separate amplifier. I have isolated the problem to the Russound (when in the loop, the tick; when out of the loop and all else equal, no tick) and confirmed that the problem is not isolated to one zone. I am dumbounded as to what the problem could be, short of a problem with the unit itself (am hoping not).

Any tips on what often cause such a "tick" sound, in this instance or in general, appreciated.

Thanks

Mr Peabody
05-20-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm assuming the Russound is an A/V preamp/processor? And you only hear the tick when no sound is on? I think what you are hearing is your DAC looking for a signal. If this is your case, it is common amongst the pre/pro's I'm familiar with and nothing to worry about. It is annoying though.

Tahoe Gator
05-20-2005, 06:53 PM
The Russound is a whole house audio/video system, so it is essentially a pre-amp with 6 input sources and 6 outputs that are both pre-amp and amplified. Remote keypads (via Cat-6) control each source.

I am hearing the "ticking" sound when the music is ON.