What's the sound set-up in your bathtub? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's the sound set-up in your bathtub?

Finch Platte
05-20-2005, 05:26 PM
I've got a Nosfeltchure 310 ghetto blaster sitting precariously on the edge of the tub. One of these days, it's gonna fall in while I'm taking a bath, and no more of those nasty comps for you!!

What do you have?

fp

Tahoe Gator
05-20-2005, 06:58 PM
My bathtub is a 48-inch woofer filled with water. The 100 megawatt amp (powered by 2 small GE power plants) makes it sort of a jacuzzi.

ForeverAutumn
05-20-2005, 07:23 PM
My bathtub is a 48-inch woofer filled with water. The 100 megawatt amp (powered by 2 small GE power plants) makes it sort of a jacuzzi.

I have one of those crappy little shower radios that my sister-in-law got us for Christmas. It has a nice tinny, transister sound. By the time you turn it up loud enough to hear it over the water, you get some good distortion too. It does have suprisingly strong FM reception. Too bad you can't tell what song you're actually listening to.

Jim Clark
05-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Haha! Mocking all the time mocking.

I sing the shower. It's not quite Carnegie Hall but I find it an adequate system for the location.

jc

Dusty Chalk
05-20-2005, 09:44 PM
I know a lot of people feel that the bathtub environment is not conducive to listening to audiophile grade music, but I think the lack of parallel surfaces combined with the "live" porcelain reflecting surfaces consummate together for a synergistic, albeit unique, listening experience.

It is one that I do not enjoy frequently enough. I think I'm going to pull one off tonight.

Slosh
05-21-2005, 05:29 AM
It is one that I do not enjoy frequently enough. I think I'm going to pull one off tonight.
Do we really need to know if you're master of your domain?

Stone
05-21-2005, 11:41 AM
The best thing about this thread is that it got moved too. We wouldn't want to be allowed to have a little fun on these forums or anything...

thepogue
05-21-2005, 03:51 PM
burpin' in the front...

that is all....you may go now...

Pogue:p

Geoffcin
05-21-2005, 04:35 PM
The best thing about this thread is that it got moved too. We wouldn't want to be allowed to have a little fun on these forums or anything...

It's a pretty funny thread, why would you want to only let a few people see it?

Finch Platte
05-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Do we really need to know if you're master of your domain?

Lol :)

fp

Stone
05-22-2005, 01:55 PM
It's a pretty funny thread, why would you want to only let a few people see it?

I'm not advocating deleting it. As far as I know, every one is welcome to peruse the threads in the Rave Recs forum, and people can even post responses in it there (assuming they haven't been banned).

I know the thread has been moved back to Rave Recs, but with the tact that's being taken around here (coupled with this site's software) it's no wonder Rave Recs is a dying community (that once was thriving in a big way).