What Is Your Favorite Action Sequence From The LOTR Trilogy? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Favorite Action Sequence From The LOTR Trilogy?

Darren1
12-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Considering the LOTR Trilogy is an 11hr movie, I thought this would be a cool debate. Feel free to throw in your favorite overall scene, even if it is not an "action" sequence.

Here's my vote:

1. The Balrog battle between Gandalf and the Balrog in FOTR.

2. Shelob vs Sam, in ROTK.

3. The Witch King vs Eowyn in ROTK.

Overall, an amazing trilogy...I can't wait for The Hobbit, and I can't wait for the extended DVD in August.

yamdsp-a1
01-02-2004, 04:34 AM
Hey,

Favorite scene is Legolas and the Oliphant from ROTK followed closely by the River Riders or whatever you want to call them, when the Rings Wraiths get swept down the river in FOTR, always loved that scene in the book.

Extended version in August? How sure of this are you? I haven't heard anything but I just assumed it would be November like this year - for the extended version. What is your source for this information?

Yam

Geoffcin
01-02-2004, 06:38 AM
The battle with the cave troll in the first movie. My kids always howl when they see the troll skewer Frodo. Elija Wood looks for all the world like he's trying to act constipated rather than impaled. What was Jackson thinking?!

yamdsp-a1
01-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Geoffcin,

The Frodo scene, the one where he is supposed to be impaled and you think he looks constipated... This is nit picky but. Frodo has his mythrail vest on, so he isn't actually impaled, but he does take a really hard hit, much like getting a good shot to solar plexis, which if you know the feeling, you know if feels as though someone has just sucked all the air out of you - and you look like you are trying really hard to squeeze one out. I think the facial expression is quite suitable for what actually happened to him.

Then again, Frodo spent most of the film looking constipated - maybe that was also a lingering effect of the ring?

Yam

Bryan
01-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Mine are, in no particular order:

1. Lighting of the torches. Granted, not a lot of action but this is so beautifully done it is worthy of mention.

2. Legolas getting on the horse in TTT. Amazing!

3. Gandolf vs. the Balrog. Could've taken more of this!

4. Legolas and the oliphant. "That only counts as one!"

5. Witchking vs. Eowyn.

6. The Army of the Dead appearing after Aragon, Legolas, and Gimli jumping out of the boat.

Torech Ungol
03-10-2004, 07:50 PM
THe battle at the end of the FOTR was my favorite, especially the one in the extended version. Merry and Pippin really get into it. Boramir kicks some serious tail. Strider tells Frodo to run, closes his eyes and saultes the Urk's and starts whoopin' on them.
Awesome!