New JAS Orsus speakers arrive [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New JAS Orsus speakers arrive

Geoffcin
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
I've just received these speakers for review.
http://av.gini.com/images/product_orsus2.jpg
The JAS Orsus is a speaker that I was really intregued with when I saw it at HE2005, but didn't have the time to hear properly. I did hear the JAS Orior standmount with the twin ribbon tweeter, and ceramic bass driver and was VERY impressed. The Orsus is a 3 way tower with a similar twin ribbon tweeter, 2 - 6" woofers, and a very exotic 3" Titanium dome midrange.

drseid
05-19-2005, 01:34 AM
I've just received these speakers for review.
http://av.gini.com/images/product_orsus2.jpg
The JAS Orsus is a speaker that I was really intregued with when I saw it at HE2005, but didn't have the time to hear properly. I did hear the JAS Orior standmount with the twin ribbon tweeter, and ceramic bass driver and was VERY impressed. The Orsus is a 3 way tower with a similar twin ribbon tweeter, 2 - 6" woofers, and a very exotic 3" Titanium dome midrange.
It will be interesting to hear what you think of those...

I confess to never hearing (or hearing of) those speakers and the JAS brand... But that is what makes this hobby so fun for me... When you find a virtual unknown and it turns out to be a real hidden gem, it makes all the auditioning and comparing worthwhile...

Hopefully these guys will be at next year's CES and I can give them a listen as well... :-)

---Dave

Florian
05-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Looks quite interesting. I am really interested in the integration between the ribbon and the rest of the drivers. Keep us uptodate :-)

ericl
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Right on Geoff!

I'll be very curious to see what you have to say about them. Its exciting to have something from a new company that no one has ever heard of before. Who knows how good (or bad!!) they could be. You could put them on the map - or pre emptively destroy them before they even get off the ground! The pressures on!

Just teasing!!

Seriously, have fun with the review!

-Eric

Geoffcin
05-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Right on Geoff!

I'll be very curious to see what you have to say about them. Its exciting to have something from a new company that no one has ever heard of before. Who knows how good (or bad!!) they could be. You could put them on the map - or pre emptively destroy them before they even get off the ground! The pressures on!

Just teasing!!

Seriously, have fun with the review!

-Eric

But I can tell you that these are serial # J00004A & J00004B, so I am pretty sure that this is going to be the first written review published.

So far I've been just cranking tunes on them, trying to break the speaker in right. These woofers got some kick to them. Drums really get you in the chest, and the speaker as a whole seems to be built around drivers with super fast transient responce. I'm going to give it a week or so before I sit down to do some serious listening. Right now it's time to play!