Exercise Headphones [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Headphones

kingcrim05
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
I need some headphones for whil i'm biking. I've been looking at these by Sony, MDR-EX71SL/WK, For around $40....

Any thoughts?

nick250
05-19-2005, 05:19 AM
I need some headphones for whil i'm biking. I've been looking at these by Sony, MDR-EX71SL/WK, For around $40....

Any thoughts?

Do you wear a bike helmet? If you do that restricts your choices since a lot of headphones will not comfortably fit under a helmet. So for me I wear a cheap pair of Sony's because they fit well under my helmet. I don't worry about sound quality for this application of headphones. Also consider not wearing headphones while ridding in traffic since one needs all their senses focused on staying alive. :)

This Guy
05-19-2005, 02:45 PM
I would never wear headphones while biking. You really need all your senses cause you could easily get killed.

Jim Clark
05-23-2005, 03:36 PM
I would never wear headphones while biking. You really need all your senses cause you could easily get killed.

Dood is right. Roads are treacherous enough unless you're wearing them strictly on a trail, which probably wouldn't be quite as bad. Road cyclists however-no way no how.

I had to give up triathlons and road racing 12 years ago but will say that for the adventerous there is a compromise. Use any old phones that will work with your helmet and cut off one of the speakers. Still pipes in music, you can still hear cars approaching. Yeah, I'm a fuddy duddy but having lost a friend in a wreck during a race I realize that mistakes can have deadly consequences.

jc

markw
05-24-2005, 03:52 AM
I would never wear headphones while biking. You really need all your senses cause you could easily get killed.I wish I had a nickle for every oblivious ahole jammin' to da beat that made me slam on my brakes. This applies to pedestrians as well. Kinda wish I could sometimes let Darwin's theory of natural selection prevail but there's too many lawyers today.