How to post items for sale [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to post items for sale

oddeoowphil38
05-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey people I have NEVER sold anything on line before and I need some advice. I want to sell my MTX towers as well as my Paradigm cc-170 v.3, Titans v.3. They all are in a ash black finish and have only been used for less than 3 months and are in excellent condition. If I sell on ebay does it cost anything to place an ad? Does ebay get part of the money? Are the auctions different than the classified ads? How about Audiogon? Cost anything for an ad there? Do they get part of the money? Are there any other places that I can place an ad that is like for free? Please let me know. Thank you for your time.
Phil

Diego
05-16-2005, 03:25 PM
If you place an ad on Ebay they will charge you a small insertion fee....a few dollars. If your item sells, they will charge you a Final Value Fee, which in your case would amount to about 8 %. Go to Ebay and click on SELL , it will show you what the fees are.

There is a Craigslist in Lexington, KY (don't know if you live near there). It is free to place an ad and you might be able to sell to someone locally. You would place an ad in the ELECTRONICS section.

www.craigslist.com

Geoffcin
05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey people I have NEVER sold anything on line before and I need some advice. I want to sell my MTX towers as well as my Paradigm cc-170 v.3, Titans v.3. They all are in a ash black finish and have only been used for less than 3 months and are in excellent condition. If I sell on ebay does it cost anything to place an ad? Does ebay get part of the money? Are the auctions different than the classified ads? How about Audiogon? Cost anything for an ad there? Do they get part of the money? Are there any other places that I can place an ad that is like for free? Please let me know. Thank you for your time.
Phil

You'll even be allowed to post a link to them here. Please, no outright selling on the Forums though.

Audiogon.com is $4 to place an ad.

oddeoowphil38
05-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Sorry Geoff was not trying to sell my stuff here. Just trying to learn more about how to place an ad and where. I have not ever done so in the past. may give it a try and see if it works.