Is this hobby in the crapper?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is this hobby in the crapper??

piece-it pete
12-30-2003, 10:44 AM
It sure looks like it :):

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrplan&1077933968

kelsci
12-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Pete; Now there is somebody who finally figured out the secret of getting great bass response. All we all have to do is buy a pair of crappers at any of the famous stores we know that sell them and do a litlle handiwork with a drill etc.etc.etc. to have a most unique form of subwoofer. And if anybody says to you that your system's sub sound is crappy, you tell them; YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. That will end all aruguments at least on the sub bass(b-ass) end of things.

Worf101
12-31-2003, 07:00 AM
Good job Pete. But I'm not sure what's more disturbing, the fact that the speaker maker didn't realize what his/her creation would end up looking like, or the fact that you found it and recognized it for what it was... strange...

very...

strange.....

Da Worried Worfster...

:D

kelsci
12-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Hi Worfster; Look, I just could not help making a "toilet bowl humourous remark" out of that picture. I love toilet bowl humour much like the late Buddy Hackett. That picture of the speaker in the "toilet bowl" is no toilet bowl at all. The picture is one hell of a funny optical illusion of something that resembles a bazooka subwoofer chamber and in fact may very well be a bazooka itself. Laying against another speaker with the camera angle aiming down perhaps from a good height makes the tube next to the tall speaker the optical illusion of a toilet bowl holding a loudspeaker. I have to admit it is a riot just the same.