IPOD/MD portable speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : IPOD/MD portable speakers

20to20K
05-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Folks,

Have any of you had experience with listening to some decent portable speakers I can use to connect my minidisk player to. I see that Altec
Lansing, JBL, and Sony all make such models...the JBL "On Tour" model looking the coolest but I have no idea how any of them sound.

My requirements are small in size, decent sound (I know it won't be
great), battery operable, and universal voltage capable (going to Holland)

Any suggetions?

paul_pci
05-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Folks,

Have any of you had experience with listening to some decent portable speakers I can use to connect my minidisk player to. I see that Altec
Lansing, JBL, and Sony all make such models...the JBL "On Tour" model looking the coolest but I have no idea how any of them sound.

My requirements are small in size, decent sound (I know it won't be
great), battery operable, and universal voltage capable (going to Holland)

Any suggetions?

This may be of no consequence, but if you live near an Apple store, they usually have several iPods set up with portable speakers, etc. You could go and give a listen.

20to20K
05-12-2005, 05:41 AM
This may be of no consequence, but if you live near an Apple store, they usually have several iPods set up with portable speakers, etc. You could go and give a listen.

Paul,

I just checked out the Apple Store website and they carry all the models I was looking at plus a few more I was not aware of. There are a couple stores in Bethesda, MD which is close enough for me to check out on my lunch break. I'll bring my minidisk with me tomorrow...

Thanks for the suggestion...