10 HD channels ONLY $5.00 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 10 HD channels ONLY $5.00

swgiust
05-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Dishnetwork has finally added the VOOM channel package to there HD tier.
10 original channels for only $5.00 for the first 6 months.

Check it out at:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/hdtv/hdtv_prog/index.shtml#Voom

edtyct
05-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Guy TV, huh? Can you imagine the hordes of red-blooded American males sitting down to watch this channel just for the privilege of being identified as an "average joe." Marketing genius, that. Then again, if the shows are good . . .

hershon
05-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Out of curiosity as I watch HDTV via my cable TV package (ABC, NBC CBS Fox HBO SHowtime, Discovery Educational & one or 2 others) which isn't that expensive (I'm not paying for HD Net) what is direct TV charging for your basic HD package not including promo 3 month deals and what do you get for them? I'm just curious not trying to put you on the defensive.

Guy TV, huh? Can you imagine the hordes of red-blooded American males sitting down to watch this channel just for the privilege of being identified as an "average joe." Marketing genius, that. Then again, if the shows are good . . .

edtyct
05-09-2005, 05:57 PM
If you're asking me, I'm not a DirecTV subscriber, though I once was before the days of HD. I hope that you didn't interpret my remark about Guy TV as a slight on Dish's pricing or programming, which would seem to be one hell of a stretch. It was just a reaction to Guy TV's description, which might be enough to make any self-respecting male animal at least think twice before settling into the lazy boy to watch it.

Ed

Breezer88888
05-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey - check out Woochifer's post about Dish/Voom under the News & Rumors section.

This is great!!