Most Musical Sub [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Most Musical Sub

rebelsage
12-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Looking for an entry-level sub for music. Based on reviews, looking at SVS PCi 25-31, Hsu VTF-2 and Adire Rava. What do you think? Thanks.

F1
12-29-2003, 09:25 PM
I think you just need to flip a coin. Either one should perform well. But note that this SVS is a cylindrical sub while Hsu and Adire are box sub. Some prefer one more than the other for decoration/placement reason. I'm happy with VTF-2 that's all I can comment. Good luck

rebelsage
12-30-2003, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, F1. Looks are not as important to me as the sound. Prefer tight, fast and accurate bass. The lower, the better, of course.

Bryan
12-30-2003, 12:48 PM
What size room will it be in? Without knowing that, generally sealed subs perform better for music. If you will be using the sub for mostly HT, go with the SVS. If you want a compromise, the HSU VTF-2 is right up your alley.

F1
12-30-2003, 04:04 PM
What size room will it be in? Without knowing that, generally sealed subs perform better for music. If you will be using the sub for mostly HT, go with the SVS. If you want a compromise, the HSU VTF-2 is right up your alley.

Yea I've also read somewhere that SVS has slight edge for movie and Hsu has slight edge for music. I think you'll be happy with VTF-2, flat down to 25Hz before roll off. Good luck.

Worf101
12-31-2003, 07:06 AM
I own both the VTF-2 and the VTF-3. I've found both to be qute musical. It really depends on the size of your room and whether you're doing more movies than music. Of all three subs mentioned, I don't think you can go wrong.

Da Worfster.