Percussion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Percussion

shokhead
05-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Looking for some music with lots of percussion,conga drums and what have you. Stuff like Santanas Jingo and Soul Sacrifice,fast and upbeat. I tried Tito Puente,love all the horns also but it was ok. I dont know,percussions,horns,fast,upbeat,rock like.

Wireworm5
05-04-2005, 07:12 PM
In my opinion the Allman brothers comes closet to Santana's style when it comes to drums. However there music is blues rock whereas Santana is a latin beat type rock. Other heavy on the drums albums I know of, whether or not the music appeals to you I cannot say.

The Complex Tour- The Blue Man Group ( progressive rock )
Bongo Land- Hot Voodoo Chicks ( jazz style )
Drum Medicine- David & Steve Gordon ( native new age style )
Reset- Peace Orchestra ( electronic rock )

nobody
05-05-2005, 04:01 AM
Just about anything by <b>War</b> should fit the bill.

shokhead
05-05-2005, 05:28 AM
In my opinion the Allman brothers comes closet to Santana's style when it comes to drums. However there music is blues rock whereas Santana is a latin beat type rock. Other heavy on the drums albums I know of, whether or not the music appeals to you I cannot say.

The Complex Tour- The Blue Man Group ( progressive rock )
Bongo Land- Hot Voodoo Chicks ( jazz style )
Drum Medicine- David & Steve Gordon ( native new age style )
Reset- Peace Orchestra ( electronic rock )

I'm thinking i'm leaning towards the latin style.

Olivertmc
05-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Check out Leon Parker - he is a great jazz drummer/percussionist. He has some excellent solo albums - I think you would like "Belief" - tons of interesting percussion.

Also, Roy Hargrove has a great album put out by a group known as Roy Hargrove's Crisol - Habana. He made it in Cuba with a number of local musicians. My favorite latin/jazz album.

Also, the drummer from the band Guster uses a lot of hand percussion - it is actually pretty interesting to listen to.