velodyne fsr 18 ???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : velodyne fsr 18 ????

dontbhatin01
05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
I just bought a velodyne fsr -18 for $750. I just want to know if I got a good deal or not.Buy the way this sub is awsome. I upgraded from a sunfire MKII that had to work really hard to do half of what this sub can do.Not to put the sunfire down because I liked my tiny monster but I needed something bigger that would'nt have to work as hard to make the same sound. thanks

Pat D
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
I just bought a velodyne fsr -18 for $750. I just want to know if I got a good deal or not.Buy the way this sub is awsome. I upgraded from a sunfire MKII that had to work really hard to do half of what this sub can do.Not to put the sunfire down because I liked my tiny monster but I needed something bigger that would'nt have to work as hard to make the same sound. thanks
Enjoy!

dontbhatin01
05-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks I will !

Geoffcin
05-05-2005, 06:01 PM

Velodyne set the bar for subwoofers with the F series, and although a few years old now, the FSR series can still hold it's own with the best you can get today.

vr6ofpain
05-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I think velodyne just makes some good subwoofers. I picked up a VA-907.2 brand new about 10 years ago for $500 (at circuit city of all places). I was really impressed by it and am still very impressed by it for what it is.

This is a compact sub with a somewhat tough 8" forward firing driver and a 10" downward firing passive radiator. It has a 100 watt RMS, 250 watt peak class A/B amp, and it sounds great. Considering its size and driver size it really puts out some powerful bass, and more importantly tight clean bass. I was impressed how it blew away my 10" ported JBL sub it replaced (again a decade ago) with horrid heavy metal bass (Pantera and the like) that I think is nothing more than noise today. I soon learned its versitility with its great sound with upright bass, listening to Jazz compilations such as Bill Evans, Coltrane, Mccoy Tyner, and others. It even produces some decent explosions with movies, though it obviously excells more with music, without having the true authority with movies as 12" or larger subs.

You got yourself a great sub I am sure (never listened to one, but I wish I owned any of the FSR models, always thought the idea of two FSR-10's would be kinda slick).