Banana Plug Conversion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Banana Plug Conversion

Vibes
05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Hi,
I have a newbie question for you..

I have a Marantz SR7300 that uses screw-in type connector for the speakers. I have Epos M15.2 floor standers that can be bi-wired use banana plugs.

What I'm currently doing is connecting both + and both - to the respective connectors on the Marantz, but since they don't take banana plugs, I'm not too confident in making a good connection here.

My question is, can the screw-in connectors be taken out and replaced with banana connectors?

I've read a few reviews online that suggest the SR7300 uses banana plugs, but mine doesn't seem to :confused:

Thanks.

paul_pci
05-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Hi,

I have a Marantz SR7300 that uses screw-in type connector for the speakers. I have Epos M15.2 floor standers that can be bi-wired use banana plugs.

What I'm currently doing is connecting both + and both - to the respective connectors on the Marantz, but since they don't take banana plugs, I'm not too confident in making a good connection here.

My question is, can the screw-in connectors be taken out and replaced with banana connectors?

I've read a few reviews online that suggest the SR7300 uses banana plugs, but mine doesn't seem to :confused:

Thanks.

I would think that it does take bannana plugs. A quick look at the back of the 7400 on their website would indicate so, unless your terminals have removable caps on them. But anyway, just twist the two wires together and put it in the receiver's binding post. Should be fine. That's how I've biwired my B&Ws.

Vibes
05-03-2005, 12:33 AM
I just checked out the 7400 online, it has slightly different connectors to mine. I'll attach a pic soon, but it looks like Marantz has decided to utilise banana plugs as standard now.

Olivertmc
05-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi,

Thanks.

Vibes:

I have a Marantz SR-5000 that accepts banana plugs. Perhaps there are covers on the binding posts (I know some speaker companies use small "plugs" in the center of the binding post). Just double check before you make any drastic changes to the back of the unit.

- Olivertmc