AR.com Dimensions/Sub Dimensions Check. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AR.com Dimensions/Sub Dimensions Check.

Brantano
05-02-2005, 10:55 AM
I was wondering if someone could double check the dimensions for the panels on the ar.com speakers/Dayton sub.

Both would be built with side panels behind the front panel and infront of the back panel (not to the sides) with the top/bottom panels inset (Not ontop of the other panels). Sorry if i am being confusing, dont really know how to explain it that well.

Anyway..here are the dimensions of both the sub and the speakers. The sub would be 3cubic feet and the speakers 15liters (whatever is given on the madisound site).

Subwoofer

Front/Rear Panels = 19"(high)x19"(wide)
Side Panels = 19"(high)17.5"(wide)
Top/Bottom Panels= 17.5"(wide)x17.5"(deep)

Speakers

Front/Rear Panels = 13"(high)x8.75"(wide)
Side Panels = 13"(High)x7.25"(wide)
Top/Bottom Panels=7.25"(Wide)x7.25"(high)

kexodusc
05-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Sure, please verify thickness of MDF...0.75"? All sides?

kexodusc
05-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Your side panels of the EFE AR.com DIY's appear off...
7.25" plus 2 X 0.75" = 8.75...the AR.com's are 9.25" deep.....same goes for one side of the top bottom.

Your sub gives an oversized 3 cubic ft if it's suppose to be 19" cubed....which is good when you subtract brace, amp, woofer....might want to go a shade bigger though...is it the 15" Quatro woofer?

Brantano
05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Your side panels of the EFE AR.com DIY's appear off...
7.25" plus 2 X 0.75" = 8.75...the AR.com's are 9.25" deep.....same goes for one side of the top bottom.

Your sub gives an oversized 3 cubic ft if it's suppose to be 19" cubed....which is good when you subtract brace, amp, woofer....might want to go a shade bigger though...is it the 15" Quatro woofer?

Yes, its the 15" woofer, and it would be 3/4" on all sides. I'll double check my dimensions on the AR.com kit and i was told on another forum 19x19x19 would be just right. How much bigger should i go with it?

Edit: I know what i did wrong with the other panels. I believe the right dimensions should be this....

Front/Rear Panel = 13" (high)x8.75"(Wide)
Side Panels = 13"(high)x7.75" (wide)
Top/Bottom Panels = 7.75"(deep)x7.25"(wide)

kexodusc
05-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Looks better...

For the sub, you have a lot of flexibility, 2.5 to 3.5 cubic feet. You're right in the middle.
The benefit is improved low end response and transient response (tightness, sound quality) at the expense of output power.

But at this point, adding a dB or two to the F3 and F9 isn't going to produce huge real world results in your room. We're talking 1% to 2% difference, if that. 3.0 is a good happy medium. I have a 3.5" cu-ft Quatro that I just love...huge improvement over my Paradigm PW-2200. You couldl change the Q alignment some, but this woofer is incredibly flexible. I'd leave it and be happy. Mine's 2 inches bigger on all sides than yours - it's BIG!

Brantano
05-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Looks better...

For the sub, you have a lot of flexibility, 2.5 to 3.5 cubic feet. You're right in the middle.
The benefit is improved low end response and transient response (tightness, sound quality) at the expense of output power.

But at this point, adding a dB or two to the F3 and F9 isn't going to produce huge real world results in your room. We're talking 1% to 2% difference, if that. 3.0 is a good happy medium. I have a 3.5" cu-ft Quatro that I just love...huge improvement over my Paradigm PW-2200. You couldl change the Q alignment some, but this woofer is incredibly flexible. I'd leave it and be happy. Mine's 2 inches bigger on all sides than yours - it's BIG!

I may increase an inch on each side then, just to allow alittle breathing room. Dont want it to be -too- small. Thanks alot for your help