Fans of The Shins: I heard them on the Sopranos last night. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fans of The Shins: I heard them on the Sopranos last night.

Swish
12-29-2003, 12:03 PM
That's right, the Sopranos. I was watching a rerun (duh!) of the episode where Carmela flips out and boots Tony out of the house. Before that, however, they go to visit their daughter Meadow at her college apartment. She had her roommates and her boyfriend there, and in the background the kids had "New Slang" from Oh, Inverted World playing. I saw this episode before but never noticed that song playing. Anyway, no big deal, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Swish

audiobill
12-29-2003, 09:28 PM
The Sopranos made me like to watch television, again. It single-handedly had me looking forward to the next week's episode. The Shins are "out there", yet some writer on The Sopranos chose to include their detail -- way, cool.

Any idea if they plan to do a fifth season??

24 is the only other show that's held me to television, but after two seasons it's wearing thin on me.

Cheers,
Bill

Swish
12-30-2003, 04:22 AM
The Sopranos made me like to watch television, again. It single-handedly had me looking forward to the next week's episode. The Shins are "out there", yet some writer on The Sopranos chose to include their detail -- way, cool.

Any idea if they plan to do a fifth season??

24 is the only other show that's held me to television, but after two seasons it's wearing thin on me.

Cheers,
Bill

the first show will air on March 7th, 2004. And, according to a website I checked, "Production on the sixth and final season will reportedly begin in early 2005. And The Hollywood Reporter says a bunch of our favorite whacked characters should be making a comeback in the new season."

I agree that it's one of the best shows on TV. I never got into 24, but I do like Six Feet Under. I've read so many excellent reviews of the HBO seriies "The Wire" but I just haven't watched it regularly, so it's difficult to follow.

Swish