change in hearing?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : change in hearing??

Kaboom
05-02-2005, 03:46 AM
i've had my system for about 2 years now and it has been under heavy use, so i know it is more than broken in enough. as of lately i've been noticing that bass seems a lot more boomy than it used to. I mean i know the system is crap, but hey if i haven't relocated the sub or the speakers, how come the sound has changed??
is it that suddenly i hear differently?
Cheers!

PAT.P
05-02-2005, 04:38 AM
i've had my system for about 2 years now and it has been under heavy use, so i know it is more than broken in enough. as of lately i've been noticing that bass seems a lot more boomy than it used to. I mean i know the system is crap, but hey if i haven't relocated the sub or the speakers, how come the sound has changed??
is it that suddenly i hear differently?
Cheers!
Please list your system to see if any members has the same problem than you .Did you crank it to the limit for a long time or do you need to reset it ?Pat.P

Kaboom
05-02-2005, 06:41 AM
Its a Panasonic DT-300 home cinema system. I use the 2-channel setting (no crappy multichannel, thanx) which routes the lower freqs to the sub.
the incresed bass appears no matter whether i'm playing vinyl, CDs on the system's dvd player, CDs on an external lower end sony CDP or mp3's through the computer.
nope i havent cranked it up for a long time. I dont usually play my music too loud, and never, EVER at the point where it starts to distort...
cheers!

bacchanal
05-02-2005, 09:51 AM
check to see if you have an adjustable crossover freq. on your reciever settings. you may be sending more info than you want to the sub

noddin0ff
05-02-2005, 10:42 AM
well...are you starting to gain weight and lose your hair? Maybe growing some in your ears? Could be your entering middle age...

bikeman
05-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Buy an SPL meter. Once you've graphed a freq response, you can always go back to see what's changed.

David

dontbhatin01
05-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I've noticed that sometimes I have had the same problem,but nothing has changed it seems that the way I like the music I listen to, some times changes. Maby this has hapened to you.