Attention all you Tears for Fears fans (you hear me JC?) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Attention all you Tears for Fears fans (you hear me JC?)

Swish
12-29-2003, 11:55 AM
I just read that Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal will reunite after a 13 year hiatus, and they plan to release a new CD early in 2004. I wasn't a huge fan, but liked a lot of there tunes. I also think that Orzabal has one of the best and most powerful voices in rock music. What I'd give to have a voice like that!

Anyway, perhaps this is old news to some of you, but I thought it worth a mention.

Swish

Jim Clark
12-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Thanks Swish I was aware that they have been working on a release but the original date was Aug. of 2003. Obviously they've fallen off the pace and I really hadn't heard anything other than it was pushed back. That seems to be the standard MO for CD releases so I hadn't really started to worry or anything just yet. I hope it's worth the wait but it seems so often these things really aren't. Fingers are crossed.

jc

Chip_B
12-30-2003, 01:55 PM
I just read that Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal will reunite after a 13 year hiatus, and they plan to release a new CD early in 2004. I wasn't a huge fan, but liked a lot of there tunes. I also think that Orzabal has one of the best and most powerful voices in rock music. What I'd give to have a voice like that!

Anyway, perhaps this is old news to some of you, but I thought it worth a mention.

Swish

I hope the new release is better than 'the Seeds of Love'...I thought 'Seeds' was pretty weak, but I liked most of the earlier stuff.

-Chip
(Working to get rid of that Site Newbie label)

Les
12-30-2003, 02:14 PM
I hope the new release is better than 'the Seeds of Love'...I thought 'Seeds' was pretty weak

Strangely enough I love 'Seeds' I think Bad Mans Song has everything in it that attracts me to TFF though in truth I have pretty much liked everything they have done ......

Jim Clark
12-30-2003, 02:21 PM
I hope the new release is better than 'the Seeds of Love'...I thought 'Seeds' was pretty weak, but I liked most of the earlier stuff.

-Chip
(Working to get rid of that Site Newbie label)

A number of folks didn't care much for Seeds but that remains my favorite. It's very, well, soulful for a pop album so I'd think you'd like it but that explains why Troy doesn't. I've quit trying to figure out who may like what around here, we're all to weird.

jc

Chip_B
12-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Strangely enough I love 'Seeds' I think Bad Mans Song has everything in it that attracts me to TFF though in truth I have pretty much liked everything they have done ......

Actually, I anticipated liking 'Seeds', but for whatever reason, it just never took hold. I tried going back to it a few times after a fairly negative initial reaction, but my opinion never changed. Ah well...

-Chip

Dusty Chalk
12-30-2003, 06:45 PM
I thought <I><B>...Seeds...</I></B> was amazingly good, their creative peak.

BarryL
01-01-2004, 11:57 AM

Swish

It takes balls to put out records like the later T4F CDs. Orzabel is a friggin pop-rock genius IMO. Songs From The Big Chair, THe Seeds of Love, and Elemental are all killer albums, head over heals in creativity and dynamics over almost any other three consecutive albums by a band that I can think of. Raul and the King of Spain was a bit of a let down after this, as was his solo album, but there's at least 50% good stuff, which is more than a lot of other people produce. Given his last two efforts, though, I don't hold high hopes for this collaboration. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. That there is a new album coming out, though, can only be good news. I look forward to it.

Even diminished quality from a genius is worth listening to.

I think a Steve Wilson / Roland Orazabal collaboration would be killer.

PPG
01-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks Swish I was aware that they have been working on a release but the original date was Aug. of 2003. Obviously they've fallen off the pace and I really hadn't heard anything other than it was pushed back. That seems to be the standard MO for CD releases so I hadn't really started to worry or anything just yet. I hope it's worth the wait but it seems so often these things really aren't. Fingers are crossed.

jc

I was in Borders browsing through ICE magazine and it said the new one will be out in April and that they signed with Arista. Someone at the label had heard the album and was quoted as being really excited and that they "did not have anything quite like it with their current roster of artists". I'm sure...

I have also read Orzabal's comments on the new album and it's supposed to be back in the more melodic style of TFF, much more so than Elemental and Raoul & KOS.

As for STSOL, I thought it was a little spotty - I really liked the title cut and Advice for the Young At Heart, but the rest wasn't as powerful.