Bottlehead [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bottlehead

Arturo7
05-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Does anyone have experience working with Bottlehead Products?

squeegy200
05-02-2005, 01:55 PM
I've got a Foreplay 2 and a Seduction Phono stage that I've built. Excellent value for the money.

I enjoyed the challenge of making my own components. The Bottlehead equipment is designed with simplicity and minimal influence on source signal. It was a great learning experience for me. The other side to thees products is performancewise, they will challenge commercially made products costing 10X as much.

The discussion forums provide a wealth of knowledge better than any commercial technical support department. And a testiment to the quality of the finished product is that you will rarely ever see an already assembled Bottlehead kit for sale. (I searched eBay for months and never came across a single kit!)

If you are capable of makng your own electronics projects, Bottlehead kits will be an enjoyable experience.

squeegy200
05-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Geez, My spelling in the above post is horrific. (Fat finger typist!)

There are numerous gatherings of Bottleheads across the country. Often times they meet in people's homes and listen to each other's gear. They critique each others work and make suggestions on modifications.

Check the Bottlehead boards for local meetings. Often times its a great way to hear the product before you commit to purchasing a kit.

Arturo7
05-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks, squeej.