AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AR Turntable Gallery Pic of the Week

ddarch44
05-01-2005, 05:14 AM
Through the generosity of a visitor to my site, I was able to acquire an AR ETL-1...the first that I have been able to own (or even touch for that matter.)
There are many upgrades from the AR ES-1, which it resembles slightly. The plinth is several inches larger, the platter is much heavier and chromed, the inner platter bearing is beefier, the armboard features removeable weights to adjust for arm mass, and the speed is electronically controlled. Also, the side boards are solid cherry, not cherry veneer.

The arm is a Sumiko Premiere MMT. The cart is a V-15 Series III with MR stylus.

It is interesting that this table is labeled the "Research Series." I was under the impression is was part of the "Connossieur" series. Anyone have details on that??

I am currently working on maximizing the sound...the inner platter bearing is a little worn and the armboard weight system needs tweaking.

See more pics by following the link. See exact specs on the AR Models page.

Dave

http://www.vinylnirvana.com/ar_gallery_etl1.shtml

E-Stat
05-02-2005, 04:23 AM
Through the generosity of a visitor to my site, I was able to acquire an AR ETL-1..
Gorgeous looking table !

rw

Woochifer
05-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Ah! The 80s vintage AR turntables, very nice! I was saving up for an AR ES-1 in college, and by the time I'd saved up enough, AR had already discontinued them once again. The deck that I wound up buying was the Dual CS5000, which is a blatant knockoff of the AR ETL-1. Everything down to the LED speed indicators, the chrome finish platter, cherry plinth finish, isolator feet, and suspended isolation chassis. Dual added a 78 speed as well as a quartz speed control.

Look familiar?
http://dual-reference.com/images/dcs5000.jpg

Dave Lindhorst
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Go to www.harryshifi.com. This guy is a real turntable nut. If you need anything he can probably supply it.

What a great looking table you have there. Be a utiful.

hifitommy
05-21-2005, 08:07 AM
"The arm is a Sumiko Premiere MMT."

nope, its not. i have an mmt and that isnt it. which one it is i dont know, but i know what it isnt.

Garrardman
05-23-2005, 06:04 AM
It's a Linn Basik or Basik Plus by the looks of it.

ddarch44
05-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Good catch...yes, it is a Linn Basik Plus.

Dave