NAD T743 Problems [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NAD T743 Problems

James
04-30-2005, 07:12 AM
My NAD t 743 is a little over a year old. Out of the blue, it will only produce sound intermittently with a DVD or CD and will not run the TV audio at all. When it does produce sound with the DVD or CD it is only on certain sound modes and sometimes on the "a" speakers, sometimes on the "b" speakers, and, of course, sometimes on neither. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what can be done to fix this? Thanks in advance.

IRG
05-04-2005, 06:59 AM
My NAD t 743 is a little over a year old. Out of the blue, it will only produce sound intermittently with a DVD or CD and will not run the TV audio at all. When it does produce sound with the DVD or CD it is only on certain sound modes and sometimes on the "a" speakers, sometimes on the "b" speakers, and, of course, sometimes on neither. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what can be done to fix this? Thanks in advance.

I have this same receiver, and hope I don't experience the same problems you are having. I think it is a great receiver, and once in a while, I hear about some quality issues. Anyway, the warranty is 2 years, so you should still be covered. I would take this unit back to your dealer now, and have them fix it, or give you a new one (better choice). I hope you did by it from an authorized dealer. I can't diagnose what the problem is, but it sounds like something you aren't going to fix yourself. It is probably a bad chip set, but make sure your connections are all tight first, and then see if that helps.