Metered my Home Stereo [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Metered my Home Stereo

Easy E
04-29-2005, 05:05 PM
I got bored decided to see what my home stereo could hit well my woofer. I hit 127.4 on the Termlab SPL mic, this is the strictest mic in the game. I hit this on my couch at my listener position. I am running a Tempest 15" with 450 watts. :)

Has anyone else metered their setup?

topspeed
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I got bored decided to see what my home stereo could hit well my woofer. I hit 127.4 on the Termlab SPL mic, this is the strictest mic in the game. I hit this on my couch at my listener position. I am running a Tempest 15" with 450 watts. :)

Has anyone else metered their setup?
Huh?

Whassat you say?!

SPEAK UP MAN!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

cam
04-29-2005, 06:20 PM
With my system set at 75db reference, the arena scene in Star Wars Attack Of The Clones, I get peaks of 108 db, which to my ears is very loud, almost to the point where I wonder if George Lucas was in the mixing studio and wanted it that loud. 127 db like you are getting, I would not even want to experience that for even a second. Were talking ear damage within a minute.

Easy E
04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
With my system set at 75db reference, the arena scene in Star Wars Attack Of The Clones, I get peaks of 108 db, which to my ears is very loud, almost to the point where I wonder if George Lucas was in the mixing studio and wanted it that loud. 127 db like you are getting, I would not even want to experience that for even a second. Were talking ear damage within a minute.

Naw man I was using my ear protection I use for shooting. :) I was good, I am not dumb.

shokhead
04-30-2005, 05:10 AM
I might give it a try but with less db then you guys are getting i'm sure. Somebody on another forum did this and was for the most it was called a lie. He either didnt do it right or all the other tech such that others come up with for a simple thing. People started posting graphs and tech stuff and all this crap when all he did was sit in his chair with a RS meter and post what he got.