new NIN in the house!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : new NIN in the house!!!

Duds
04-29-2005, 04:43 AM
just popped this baby in the computer. I've heard the single "The Hand That Feeds" a few times and that track kicks arse!!! I hope the rest is as good. Will follow up after a few listens!!

kexodusc
04-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Just picked up my DualDisc copy...plays in my computer, laptop, car, and home players, no problems there.
I've only heard it once through on CD side so far...I will reserve complete judgement until I listen to the hi-rez surround track.

Duds
04-29-2005, 10:37 AM
I've listened to it 3 or 4 times, awesome disc. Some very killer bass lines, Dave Grohl on drims rocks, and Trent is as angry as ever.

Just picked up my DualDisc copy...plays in my computer, laptop, car, and home players, no problems there.
I've only heard it once through on CD side so far...I will reserve complete judgement until I listen to the hi-rez surround track.

Dusty Chalk
04-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Yup -- I be digging it. It's not the same direction as The Fragile (he seems to be combining that sense of melodic piano and guitar within songs this time), but then again, no single album of his has ever been predictable, which is one thing I love about him.

Slosh
04-30-2005, 04:33 AM
I've had it for several weeks and didn't even know it. My daughter found it somewhere and downloaded the whole thing at 320 kbps. Sounds pretty good for mp3. I only discovered it was on my HD because I decided to delete a bunch of old .wavs yesterday and there it was. Haven't had time to listen to it yet other than a quick check for sonic quality. If it's good I'll buy a real copy. Is this only on DualDisc or is there a DVD-A or SACD in the works?

kexodusc
04-30-2005, 04:41 AM
Only on DualDisc, but it contains hi-rez surround and stereo tracks, probably 96/24, if that - still better than the Dolby or CD tracks though, for the extra dollar or two it's more than worth it...the surround tracks are awesome (with a few exceptions)...I think they actually - not much in the way of extras.

Mark_IDT
05-09-2005, 11:33 PM
NIN is about the only thing that makes me proud to say I'm from Mercer PA. This place really sux to live in so if you ever wondered why Trent seems angry now you know it's cause Mercer sux. If I had to pick one album as my favorite I'd have to say all of them and With Teeth is obviously no exception. Though I will say I had to listen to it a couple times before I started to really appreciate it but then again I guess I feel that way with alot of new music bands come out with. With Teeth makes me want to listen to all of my NIN cd's all over again it's great.