Nad 214 Amp And Bi-wiring? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nad 214 Amp And Bi-wiring?

LEAFS264
04-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I was always under the impression that you needed a multi-channel amp to Bi-wire. But the people at Nad insist that if I bi-wire the speaker end, and twist the ends on the amp end and plug them in to each post on the 2 channel amp it is the same thing!!! Is this possible???

Jay

anamorphic96
04-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes im doing it now with my speakers. Just make sure you get the polarities correct and your fine. The bi wiring effect will take place on the speaker end with its crossover. Keep in mind there is alot of debate about its benefits if there is any. I do it because I can. I didnt here any difference in sound though. :D

LEAFS264
04-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Yes im doing it now with my speakers. Just make sure you get the polarities correct and your fine. The bi wiring effect will take place on the speaker end with its crossover. Keep in mind there is alot of debate about its benefits if there is any. I do it because I can. I didnt here any difference in sound though. :D

Doing it that way won't stress the amp any more than if I used a regular configuation?

anamorphic96
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
No. All the second set of jacks do is make it easier to connect the second set of wires. Especially if youre using two different types of cables. A convenience thing if you will. As long as the polarity is correct your fine. The metal strips that where there before where doing the same thing just on the speaker end. Hope this helps.

How is the amp working out ?

LEAFS264
04-27-2005, 04:54 PM
So far,so good.It seems to have plenty of power.