CRSV10 news [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CRSV10 news

Davey
04-27-2005, 09:36 AM
I was gonna just bump the other thread up here to keep you updated, but it got kind of off topic so I'll do the updates in this one. Here's the lineup that I posted in the other thread along with current status. Thanks for all the quick deliveries. I've tried to respond via PM to all of you upon receipt but I'm sure I've missed someone. Maybe Finch? Anyway, thanks and keep em coming. It should be a good collection (yeah I know, everybody says that). If you're on the list and don't want to be, or not on the list and want to be, just say. I only put the status as "in transit" if someone happened to mention to me that it was in the mail. You can also pick something that you know I have and avoid the trouble of mailing, but check with me first to see if I have it on hand since my collection is pretty light right now.

1. DarrenH (rcvd)
2. nobody (in transit)
3. Jar (rcvd first - wins a prize)
4. Troy (on it)
5. tentoze (rcvd, but whining about no PM)
6. tugmcmartin (soon, really)
7. Ex Lion Tamer (in transit)
8. Mike (in transit)
9. JDaniel (in transit)
10. Snowbunny (huh?)
11. Forever Autumn (rcvd)
12. Slosh (rcvd)
13. Mr MidFi (rcvd)
14. audiobill (rcvd)
15. Whooptee (still thinkin about it)
16. Monkey Bones (shakin' it)
17. Jim Clark (computer woes)
18. Finch Platte (rcvd)
19. Dusty Chalk (alien identity issues)

Troy
04-27-2005, 12:18 PM
On it . . .

Slosh
04-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Where are all the newbies to take my spot?

Monkey Bones
04-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Where are all the newbies to take my spot?
What about me? Don't I count?

Only to ten, Mudhead!

Slosh
04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
What about me? Don't I count?

I'm still trying to figure out what part of your moniker is a verb ;)

KEXPMF
04-27-2005, 02:30 PM
I don't exactly get how this works. Is it something whereby I can email an MP3 song?

tentoze
04-27-2005, 02:55 PM
You didn't PM me, but I'm used to being ignored.

Davey
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't exactly get how this works. Is it something whereby I can email an MP3 song?
Nobody really knows exactly how it works. We just copy a song (or a few) from one of our favorite recent CDs on to a CD-R, drop it in the mail, and then a few weeks later we get one back with a whole bunch of cool tunes mixed in with the one we sent. Sometimes it even comes with some spiffy artwork too. Maybe it's magic?

Many of us are closet audiophiles so we tend to lobby against MP3 collections, prefering to hear the songs in all their uncompressed glory. But to be honest, an awful lot of the music I buy nowadays doesn't sound a whole helluva lot better on CD when compared to a decent bit rate MP3. We have principles to uphold, though ;)

If you wanna send me something cool to stick in one of these highly coveted song slots, just PM me for my addy.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10968

Davey
04-27-2005, 03:19 PM
You didn't PM me, but I'm used to being ignored.
Actually, I didn't ignore you. I just don't really like you or your constant whining. Or your complaining. You do listen to some cool music though, so I'll try to do better next time. Sorry ;)

tentoze
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Beeyotch.

:p

Jim Clark
04-27-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm working on it. I tried to migrate to a larger HD and it didn't work out as good as the software suggested. Got everything up to snuff and for some insane reason I figured I would go ahead and install XP service pack two. That was stupid. It changed all kinds of settings without my permission, went back to the XP look-set up an administrator, lost all of my email, address book, bookmarks etc. I'm finally recovering and will get EAC up and running tonight. Sorry for the delay. If you got a full disc, don't delay on my account.

jc

Snowbunny
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm still in! I just need you to pm me your address...

I lost everything when my hard drive crashed last Christmas!

Snowbuns

tugmcmartin
04-27-2005, 06:26 PM
i'm still in too... hope to get you somethin in the mail on monday. been crazy crazy at work...

Monkey Bones
04-27-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what part of your moniker is a verb ;)
Are you playing the home version of Wheel Of Fortune again? That is so pathetic, you know that don't you? Kinda gay too, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dusty Chalk
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I have a di-stink feeling I'm going to get bumped, as I have not sent mine out yet. Feel free, I won't be hurt.

Mike
04-28-2005, 03:20 AM
If you wanna send me something cool to stick in one of these highly coveted song slots, just PM me for my addy.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10968

Sent my choices at the weekend so they should be with you any day now

Cheers
Mike

Davey
04-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Sent my choices at the weekend so they should be with you any day now

Cheers
Mike
Thanks! You're now one of the "in transit" folks :)

Troy
04-28-2005, 07:11 AM
The check . . . I mean CD . . . is in the mail.

Slosh
04-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Are you playing the home version of Wheel Of Fortune again? That is so pathetic, you know that don't you? Kinda wrong too, not that there's anything gay with that.Move along. Nothing to see here.

Davey
04-28-2005, 03:49 PM
wtf? (nt)
I think Monkey Bones is just a hit and runner, but you must've triggered a Vanna White moment in his little monkey brain with your talk about his needing to buy a verb for his moniker. Or something like that. I'm no primate expert, but I do agree with Jane Goodall when she assails Bush on his environmental policy. And I did always find Vanna kind of easy on the eyes. No connection, just in case you were wondering if I was heading someplace with this ;)

Dusty Chalk
04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
I think Monkey Bones is just a hit and runner, but you must've triggered a Vanna White moment in his little monkey brain with your talk about his needing to buy a verb for his moniker. Or something like that. I'm no primate expert, but I do agree with Jane Goodall when she assails Bush on his environmental policy. And I did always find Vanna kind of easy on the eyes. No connection, just in case you were wondering if I was heading someplace with this ;)(grabs head to stop it from spinning)

I think he meant Monkey Bones, as in, I bone, you bone, we bone, they all bone...

But you probably knew that.

Davey
04-28-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what part of your moniker is a verbI think he meant Monkey Bones, as in, I bone, you bone, we bone, they all bone...
Yeah, maybe. I don't really know why Monkey Bones calls himself Monkey Bones. Can't say I really want to either. I was just trying to figure out how monkey could be used as a verb, that's all. I do like the concept. Kind of like that Andrew Bird song about the concept of the horse. But with monkeys. More fun....

But back to the future, JDaniel is now (rcvd and very cooly) and KEXPMF is on board and soon to be joining the in crowd and Troy is now in transit and probably joining the in crowd manana. Thanks all.

Slosh
04-29-2005, 03:25 AM
I was just trying to figure out how monkey could be used as a verb, that's all..
Don't monkey with my post.

NP: CRSv3 ("Night On The Sun" . . . . cool song, mang)

Davey
04-29-2005, 07:11 AM
I was just trying to figure out how monkey could be used as a verb, that's all..Don't monkey with my post.
Yeah yeah yeah, but I meant in his moniker. You know, monkey bones. How could monkey be the verb? Boy, I hope no one else is reading all this silly monkey talk. Probably would be kind of embarrassing if I thought much about it. Wish I had Friday off. Wish I had a Friday song of the day. Maybe I'll make one up later....

Dusty Chalk
04-29-2005, 11:08 PM
But back to the future, JDaniel is now (rcvd and very cooly) and KEXPMF is on board and soon to be joining the in crowd and Troy is now in transit and probably joining the in crowd manana. Thanks all.So does that mean anyone who does not make it (I.E. me) belongs in the outhouse? Nyark nyark.

Re: Monkey Bones -- yeah, I could see it that way, in the singular imperative, but it's missing a preposition, so I like it my way better (unless, of course, to monkey could take a direct object, which is not a colloquialism I've heard).

JDaniel
04-30-2005, 06:56 AM
But back to the future, JDaniel is now (rcvd and very cooly) and KEXPMF is on board and soon to be joining the in crowd and Troy is now in transit and probably joining the in crowd manana. Thanks all.

Hmmm....received and very cooly. Is that cool as in the music, or cooly rec'd, as in a "cold reception". :eek:

Guess we'll have to wait and see if the tunes make the lineup or not.

Have fun Davey.

JD

Davey
04-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Hmmm....received and very cooly. Is that cool as in the music, or cooly rec'd, as in a "cold reception". :eek:

Guess we'll have to wait and see if the tunes make the lineup or not.

Have fun Davey.

JD
Cool as in classy and fun. I love it when people include a nice handwritten note with the stuff they send me. Adds a personal touch to the whole thing and makes it much more enjoyable. Takes the mechanical feel out of it. I'll have to remember that next time I send something out because I seldom include a note. I remember when chrisnz did the CRS and I included a typed note on the inside of the cd case cover with my submissions saying what was on the disc and what I thought were the best choices and all, but he never even saw it. Lesson learned: neatness isn't always the best policy :)

Mr MidFi
05-05-2005, 07:44 AM
I have a gut feeling that this disc is going to end up being flat-out awesome when it's finished. Not to put any undue pressure on you, Davey...

Is it just me?

//then again, maybe that gut feeling is just gas