any IQ fans here? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : any IQ fans here?

Duds
04-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Just got a couple cds today, "Subterranea" and "The Seventh House" Just popped in Subterranea, very early on, but so far it sounds decent.

Dave_G
04-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Hell yes there are fans here.

IQ are killer, dood.

Those 2 are 2 of their best.

You will also like others as well, like "Ever" and "Dark Matter".

You also might like Collage, Clepsydra, and Satellite.

Dave

Duds
04-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Listened to disc 1 on the "Subterranea" cd, liked it a lot, unfortunately I got busy at work so I had to stop listening. Dont ya hate it when you have to work?!?!

Will be getting "Ever" and "Are You Sitting Comfortably" hopefully next week.

Troy
04-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Follow DaveG's directions. Take 2 and call us in the morning if symptoms persist.

Dave_G
04-26-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm fixin to fire up Dark Matter.

"The Wake" also smokes.

Toonmaker Troy is right. Listen to me and heed my posts, I know all and see all.

Dave_Geezer_Butler

Dave_G
04-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh yeth, they have a new drummer now.

Dave

MasterCylinder
04-27-2005, 06:11 AM
Big IQ fan here..................

7th HOUSE is the top rating for me.

All the others are good but, not as good.

SUBTERRANEA and EVER are above some of the others and I also like the newer release DARK MATTER.

progfan
04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Personally, I think IQ peaked with Subterranea. I don't care much for The Seventh House, but Dark Matter has its moments.

3-LockBox
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
I'll let you all know what I think. Dark Matter was pretty good, but it didn't blow me away. Seventh House was about the same. I've read that Subterrania was their apex; I'll find out...in a few days.

Troy
04-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Typical of so many 2 CD albums, Subterranea feels stretched and padded with filler to me.

When it's good, it's great, but I think most of the others already mentioned are better, more concise.

MomurdA
04-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Who is IQ? Dont flame me either, im sure i know of bands that you guys dont know

Dave_G
04-28-2005, 01:02 PM
IQ is a rock band from England who is classified as "progressive rock". They are heavy on lush keyboard sounds, song lengths 7 minutes +, and so forth.

People who generally like IQ also like Rush, Genesis, Yes, Marillion, and stuff like that.

They have been around for 20 years or so.

If you like synth and all that then you might like them. If you like Jet, Sum 41, Eminem, Green Day, etc., you will not like their music.

Dave

MomurdA
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
[quote]If you like synth and all that then you might like them. If you like Jet, Sum 41, Eminem, Green Day, etc., you will not like their music.
[\quote]
If i liked that music, i probably wouldnt know about this website. I love wonky keyboard synthesizer music! So IQ is the name of the band, not a acronym for something else?

Dusty Chalk
04-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I like haiku, does that count for anything?

I also like chicks with big...erm...IQ's. :D

Dave_G
04-28-2005, 05:38 PM
IQ is prog.

If you like prog you will likely like IQ.

If you like pop you may not like IQ.

If you have Genesis Trespass on MFSL lp you will like IQ.

Dave