Outdoor speakers with a HTS? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor speakers with a HTS?

Kellum1969
12-29-2003, 09:00 AM
We got a Home Theatre system for X-mas. As a complete audio novice, I'm clueless when it comes to setting this up. Our current stereo system has two indoor speakers and two outdoor speakers. We were hoping to use the HTS to replace our current system (i.e., use it for both surround sound and as our stereo), but can't figure out a way to include the outdoor speakers as well (i.e., there are only 6 speaker jacks, for the 6 HTS speakers).

SOL?

JDaniel
12-30-2003, 08:54 AM
We were hoping to use the HTS to replace our current system (i.e., use it for both surround sound and as our stereo), but can't figure out a way to include the outdoor speakers as well (i.e., there are only 6 speaker jacks, for the 6 HTS speakers).

SOL?

Either your HTS has Speaker A & Speaker B inputs, or it doesn't. If it doesn't have Speaker B inputs (for your outdoor speakers), you can still do what you are seeking by purchasing an inexpensive speaker selector switch at Radio Shack or elsewhere, which allows you to hook up several pairs of speakers, then push a button to switch from inside to outside, or both at the same time.

JD

stan2
12-31-2003, 10:32 AM
We got a Home Theatre system for X-mas. As a complete audio novice, I'm clueless when it comes to setting this up. Our current stereo system has two indoor speakers and two outdoor speakers. We were hoping to use the HTS to replace our current system (i.e., use it for both surround sound and as our stereo), but can't figure out a way to include the outdoor speakers as well (i.e., there are only 6 speaker jacks, for the 6 HTS speakers).

SOL?

my receiver calls the 'B' speakers 'zone 2'. it is a separate path for the left / right channels in audio. i run it to my family room where i have a niles speaker selector box where i can choose from 4 separate other locations, one pr at a time. one of those is outdoors.