Is the Flaming Lips 'Yoshimi' disc copy-protected? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is the Flaming Lips 'Yoshimi' disc copy-protected?

Finch Platte
12-29-2003, 08:33 AM
I've been trying to make a copy of this so I can play it in the car, but starting at track 4, it begins to wack out.

Has anyone else tried to copy it with any success? P!sses me off- I paid for the damn thing, now I can't make a copy for my own pleasure? :rolleyes:

fp

Swish
12-29-2003, 01:27 PM
I've been trying to make a copy of this so I can play it in the car, but starting at track 4, it begins to wack out.

Has anyone else tried to copy it with any success? P!sses me off- I paid for the damn thing, now I can't make a copy for my own pleasure? :rolleyes:

fp

I've been having some trouble with Nero lately, but I just loaded some updates from their website, so perhaps that will help me in the future. Anyway, I followed the advice of Davey and used a slower burn speed (from 52X down to 12X) which worked fine. I was able to use the 52X in the past with no trouble. Crap, I wanted a faster burner and now it won't work at a faster speed. Talk about frustration.

Swish

Finch Platte
12-30-2003, 08:03 AM
I used a slower burn speed (from 52X down to 12X) which worked fine.

Swish

Ok, thanks- I'll try that. If it doesn't work, I'll just send you the rejects.

Oh, wait- I already do that.

fp

Haoleb
01-01-2004, 11:55 AM
If you have a ripping software, and two cd drives, try inserting the disc into your burner drive, or whichever one you dont usually use and try ripping it from there.

On my computer if i get a cd with protection i cant rip it off of my main drive but if i insert it into my second drive (burner) im able to rip it no prob. This has worked always up until the last cd i bought, a kenny loggins. Where it worked for most of the first disc but didnt get the last couple tracks.

Also try holding down the shift key when inserting the cd into the drive, and keep holding it until you dont see any lights blinking on the cd drive and try listning to it. I have an MP3 cd player, which allows me to put 5 or 6 cd's onto one disc and i use that for portable listening. And the cd protection is a real PITA because i cant rip my cds and burn them into mp3 format so i understand your frustration completely!

Haoleb
01-01-2004, 11:58 AM
oh my god. a progam highlighting text to link to ads? this place is really screwed up bigtime.

no wonder i dont come here anymore.

hifitommy
01-01-2004, 01:02 PM
using my VINYL!