Onkyo TX-DS797? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo TX-DS797?

chazutx
04-23-2005, 03:27 PM
OK, I just got this receiver from my neighbor for dirt cheap. I haven't really read any reviews on it until now, but since it was so cheap I didn't really care. I'm putting together my home theater once my house is ready in a few months. I just wanted to know if anyone has this receiver or has had it in the past and what were/are your experiences with it? Apparently the few reviews I have read said quite a few of them experience clicking problems. Anyone on here experience that? Is this a good receiver? Was it worth the $200 my parents neighbor gave it to me for? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Worf101
04-25-2005, 05:52 AM
OK, I just got this receiver from my neighbor for dirt cheap. I haven't really read any reviews on it until now, but since it was so cheap I didn't really care. I'm putting together my home theater once my house is ready in a few months. I just wanted to know if anyone has this receiver or has had it in the past and what were/are your experiences with it? Apparently the few reviews I have read said quite a few of them experience clicking problems. Anyone on here experience that? Is this a good receiver? Was it worth the $200 my parents neighbor gave it to me for? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I've never had or heard a clicking problem. My 797 was a late model open box. I think the 797 is a great receiver with more than anyone would need for a first system. I think your neighbor would be foolish to sell something defective to a neighbor who could/would give him grief at any time. over it. Try it out even if theres some minor things wrong with it the 797 is definately worth fixing...

Da Worfster :cool:

chazutx
04-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Great thanks for the response. Anyone else have any experience with one?