no sound from FR speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : no sound from FR speaker

keviinmc
04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
i just bought a HK avr320 for $100 on ebay, and as stated, the front right speaker does not work very well. you can hear a little treble out of it, but thats about it. the front left is much louder. any idea of what the problem is, and is it something that i can fix myself?? this was never an issue with my previous receiver and im hoping i dont have to take it to a repair center. thanks

kevin

Audioman00
04-21-2005, 07:28 PM
You may find that the front right and front left channels are not at the same level in the menu, one might be all the way up and the other all the way down, if this is not the case, then you may have a faulty channel on the receiver.

keviinmc
04-21-2005, 08:00 PM
both channels are at the same db level, and the balance is centered. if i a have a faulty channel can i fix it myself, if so what parts do i need or would i be better off taking it to a electronics store to fix it. thanks for your help

kevin

Audioman00
04-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Definately get it professionally fixed, I have had bad experiences with self DIY stuff. :)

N. Abstentia
04-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Of course you have to consider whether or not it's worth fixing a $100 receiver..you can buy a brand new one for just a little more that will probably be a better unit.