New addition... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New addition...

MCF
04-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Getting my SVS Rosewood PB-12/2 Plus delivered on Friday...should be a nice upgrade over my 10" JVC sub with what I think is about 200 watts of power (going into master bedroom now)...the new sub has two 12's and a 900 Watt BASH amp......hope I don't break anything in my living room....going to try it out with Lord of the Rings one night this weekend...

PAT.P
04-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Hope it meets your expectation ,did you audition it or any other sub? Did you choose it because of review ?All the best and mostly enjoy.Pat.P :)

MCF
04-20-2005, 12:05 PM
When compared to my existing sub, a friends 10" Velodyne and another friends (not sure of brand), the SVS blew them all away. My friend has the same sub and it really impressed me for such a huge room he has (15 foot ceilings x 20 x 20) - wood floors, one wall all windows and two walls completely open to other rooms...he took off the little rubber feet because he was not sure where he wanted to put it permanently and it 'walked' quite a bit...the reviews are true..I could feel the bass at times and not be able to hear it. He had it set for 20Hz which mean it can reach down to around 16Hz....

swgiust
04-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Can't wait to hear about your new sub. Was it everthing they said it was going to be??
I have been debating the plus or the ultra myself.
Thanks!

MCF
04-25-2005, 05:55 AM
See my reply in 'Sub under $2000'.....