Another Major Problem with new TV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another Major Problem with new TV

jamison162
04-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh gees, another problem with the new 60" LCD. My less than 2 yr old daughter picked up the remote tonight and was playing around, the STB remote. No big deal right. Well, poof! The screen goes dark except for the upper left corner which says "Video 1" and under that "Cable Box". Now that I think about it, my cable box isn't hooked up to Video 1, it can't be. It's Video 5 via component. Anyway, I can't get it off the screen, more importantly I can't get my cable to come in, I mean anything. I've tried resetting as in the manual. Hold down reset and power off at the same time, well this doesn't work. It doesn't power down. Tried unplugging it for a while to, still same thing.

Any suggestions appreciated.

hershon
04-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Call either Customer Service at the TV Manufacturer's company or call the place you bought it from or call the Cable company. There probably is a reset button in any case that will restore things to the original settings anyway.

N. Abstentia
04-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Sounds like she just changed the input to Video 1 where nothing is hooked up, change it back to Video 5 where everything is hooked up.

topspeed
04-20-2005, 09:55 AM
NA's right. Look at the remote and hit the "input" button and cycle through until you get to the right one.

Breezer88888
04-20-2005, 11:22 AM
I agree with the above, but I responded thru your Electronics Expo thread.
Good luck

jeskibuff
04-22-2005, 04:39 AM
My less than 2 yr old daughter picked up the remote tonight and was playing around, the STB remote. No big deal right. Well, poof! The screen goes dark except for the upper left corner which says "Video 1" and under that "Cable Box". By now you must've fixed the problem, eh? Did one of the recommended solutions work?

If so, don't you think it's about time you took your daughter off The Rack and gave her a meal and some water?