Sony's are costly [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony's are costly

Polo29
04-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I have a Sony KP65WV600 wide screen monster TV. It's AWSOME HD Picture is second to none. You need a really big theater room to support it - which I do. You also need a really big wallet to replace the screen protector. My 2 year-old son decided to run one of his truck accross the screen and left a 3 foot scratch accross the screen. It's annoying to watching TV through the scratches, which is almost impossible to do when you know they're there. I called Sony and the replacement screen protector is priced of $700. The TV new was $3400 (now about $2500). What are they thinking? I'll think twice before I buy another Sony. :mad:

shokhead
04-19-2005, 05:36 AM
I'm sure all the other brands that are of equal quility are half as much or more. :confused:

GTF
04-19-2005, 08:01 AM
If the screen cover is plastic, have you tried to rub out the scratch?
Motorcycle shops usuall have good products for that purpose because
riders do scratch there helmet face shield's.

GTF

mjon99
04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Sony probably realizes that the screen protector will be one of the items people would want to replace most often for any number of reasons including yours. Knowing this they jack the price up basically with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. I don't have any remedy(sp?) for your problem but I would like to thank you for the heads up seeing that my daughter is 9 months old and what I have to look forward to. I have a similar Sony.

eisforelectronic
04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
cheaper than replacing the actual screen.

shokhead
04-20-2005, 05:26 AM
AVS Forums has a thread for Sony only and they would have a good answer and there is a forum thats Sony owners only but dont know trhe name of it.

edtyct
04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
The Sony forum is called Agoraquest.