Tell me the diff [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tell me the diff

shokhead
04-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Well i figure if i have it,try it. DPLllx music and cimema and DTS NEO6 for both. Whats the diff and which do you use and is one better then the other for 5.1 setup? I dont hear any difference. Learn me some'em. :confused:

paul_pci
04-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Well i figure if i have it,try it. DPLllx music and cimema and DTS NEO6 for both. Whats the diff and which do you use and is one better then the other for 5.1 setup? I dont hear any difference. Learn me some'em. :confused:

I detected a slight differene between PLII Music and Cinema, Music seeming more forward in the center and perhaps sending more info to the center. I did some A/B switching with the Cinema and Neo6 and noticed basically no difference, although I've read where people claim that Neo6 uses less compression and therefore sounds better. I didn't hear it.

anamorphic96
04-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Im a little confused here. Both formats take two channels and create six using matrixing techniques. Does compression apply to these as well ? From what I have read it only applies to digital formats such as DD and DTS. Maybe im wrong. :confused:

paul_pci
04-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Im a little confused here. Both formats take two channels and create six using matrixing techniques. Does compression apply to these as well ? From what I have read it only applies to digital formats such as DD and DTS. Maybe im wrong. :confused:

Yeah, someone on another board claimed there was compression; didn't make sense to me either, but there you have it.

N. Abstentia
04-17-2005, 06:13 PM
They are DSP modes, the only difference is in how the DSP is setup..levels, reverb, distance..things like that.