Alon/Nola vs. Totem Acoustic [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Alon/Nola vs. Totem Acoustic

hawk14
04-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I have been a fan of Alon speakers for sometime now, and I am getting ready to upgrade my system. However, I have been intrigued by the reviews I've read on the Totem Acoustic Forest. I nave not heard them, but they sound very impressive.

Can anyone compare/contrast the sound between the Alon/Nola's Lotus Elite and Totem Forest. I have yet to find a dealer in my area that carries Totem. :(

JoeE SP9
04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
I have been a fan of Alon speakers for sometime now, and I am getting ready to upgrade my system. However, I have been intrigued by the reviews I've read on the Totem Acoustic Forest. I nave not heard them, but they sound very impressive.

Can anyone compare/contrast the sound between the Alon/Nola's Lotus Elite and Totem Forest. I have yet to find a dealer in my area that carries Totem. :(
I am always amazed that people want to know what other people think in comparisons of speakers. If you are not in a position to audition speakers for yourself no one else can be a substitute for your own ears. Almost anything can sound impressive to someone else. If you can't audition the speakers yourself you should probably not consider them. This is also aimed at those wacko's who think they can choose a set of speakers by reading reviews and then buying over the web at the lowest price. I know there are some who do just that. I'm not saying that you (hawk14) are one of those wacko's. I just don't understand how any one could buy a pair of speakers or even consider purchasing without an audition.

eisforelectronic
04-16-2005, 01:05 AM
I like the Forest, but have often thought I would rather go with some Model 1's since I would have a subwoofer anyway.

hawk14
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
JoeE, I fully intend to audition the Totem's for myself, I was only inquring because I have heard so much about them, and wondered whether it was worth my time to find a dealer or attend a show to listen. Here this, I will never purchase a pair of speakers without hearing them. Never.

JoeE SP9
04-20-2005, 06:26 AM
JoeE, I fully intend to audition the Totem's for myself, I was only inquring because I have heard so much about them, and wondered whether it was worth my time to find a dealer or attend a show to listen. Here this, I will never purchase a pair of speakers without hearing them. Never.
My apologies! I read so much on the web by people who believe that soliciting opinions on gear including speakers is the way to make a purchasing decision. I just have a knee jerk reaction. I suppose it's because I have enough confidence in my own ears. I only ask for opinions after I have purchased.