Most Popular Brand [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Most Popular Brand

recoveryone
12-28-2003, 10:09 AM
I was just looking through the General Form at the list your system thead and saw that my beloved Pioneer brand seems to be in 80% of the systems listed from DVD players Big Screens and Cassette deck then it would be MIts for TV's, but I hardly here any of you supporting my precious.......(LOTR pun) lol

uncooked
12-28-2003, 10:11 AM
well i like yamaha components. but i dont really like there speakers a whole lot. there really good but very pricy. i would rather get something with more bang for the buck. like nice audition series athenas

richieb
12-28-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm a big Pioneer fan, prefer the old logo though.

piece-it pete
12-29-2003, 08:45 AM
I've got an older Pioneer RX (RS?) -xxxx something PL AV receiver from the mid 90s' running my bedroom system - it's fairly powerful, very attractive, has a quality feel, and has better-controlled bass than the old "twin powered" HK 630 it replaced.

6 months ago it would have become my primary receiver (over a 5 ch. cheaper Sony), but I came into posession of my Marantz 1152dc. The old Marantz has phenomenal seperation/soundstaging, particularly with the tone defeat on and the filters off. No remote, though - I've been thinking of one of those extensions like you use to change light bulbs lol!

I've never heard an Elite, so I assume it's better than mine :).

Pete

Worf101
12-29-2003, 12:19 PM
but my first, last and only encounter with Pioneer product and support has put me off that brand for good. If you'd really like the whole, long, bloody struggle... email me off line and I'll recount it for you blow by blow. Suffice it to say, I got no satisfaction from Pioneer until I sicced the Calidfornia Better Business Bureau on them and even then I was out 3 rounds of shipping. Sorry man... They'll get nothing but grief from me for as long as I draw breath...

Da "Still on da Warpath" Worfster :mad:

recoveryone
12-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Lucky I haven't needed any customer support, I heard it is the worst.