last night's double feature [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : last night's double feature

dean_martin
04-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Finally got a chance to go home early yesteday and had the house to myself 'til about 9:00. After listening to some tunes with my dog, I loaded up the dvd changer in the family room. I wanted to watch "The Incredibles" because the only time I've seen it since I got it was on my small tv in the bedroom. All I can say is the bigger the screen the better. This is a very entertaining movie with enough wit to keep most adults interested. The sound track is cool too.

Next up was Napoleon Dynamite. I got this for Christmas and watched it Christmas Day. It made my top __ (fill in #) list for 2004 and I've recommended it here. However, after watching it last night, I realized that I had forgotten to warn everyone to sit through the credits for the final scene. I hope everyone caught it, but if you missed it then by all means it's worth renting again to see/hear the serenade in the final scene. Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie again. My copy has been leaving the house with my sons almost every weekend since we got it.

(As you can see, I was in no mood for anything too heavy or deep.)

Defshep
04-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Agreed on both. Pixar is really doing a tremendous job in making entertaining kid's movies with lots of appeal for grown-ups. "Napoleon Dynamite" is a very unique movie. Everyone felt geeky in high school at some point. Napoleon makes nerdiness cool.

eisforelectronic
04-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Agreed on both. Pixar is really doing a tremendous job in making entertaining kid's movies with lots of appeal for grown-ups. "Napoleon Dynamite" is a very unique movie. Everyone felt geeky in high school at some point. Napoleon makes nerdiness cool.

I never felt that geeky.

Worf101
04-13-2005, 08:44 AM
I've yet to see "The Incredibles" on the small screen. I might rent it someday. Saw "Napolean Dynamite" couple of months ago. Sigh too bad I hadn't seen your review before then it would've saved me a re-renting!!!! N.D. is definately a "black or white" movie. Nobody is neutral about it, they either love it, as I did, or think it's 2 hours of ignorant, self indulgent crap, as some of my buds do. Either way, there's no ignoring it.

Da Worfster :cool:

dean_martin
04-13-2005, 11:59 AM
I never felt that geeky.

LUCKY!!!

paul_pci
04-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Egg me if you must, but I didn't think The Incredibles was all that incredible, especially considering all the hype. I thought the sound effects were typical to mundane, the video was fine and the storyline straight out of the first Scooby-Doo movie. The neglected, patronized, wanna-be apprentice gets his revenge, big whoop.