Harmon/Kardon T35C [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Harmon/Kardon T35C

oldskoolboarder
04-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Can anyone venture a guess on a fair price for TT in good condition?

dean_martin
04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Can anyone venture a guess on a fair price for TT in good condition?

Here's a guess based on following H/K TTs on ebay a while back. I was watching the T60s until they started going for around $200 and over. The T25, if I remember correctly was going for $100-125 so the T35C would probably fall somewhere in the middle. Sorry I can't be more specific. Keep in mind that these ranges would probably keep you competitive on ebay. If you're buying from an individual with a limited number of potential buyers you can probably do a little better.

If the table is in very good to excellent condition and comes with the Ito arm, anywhere from $100 on the low end to $150 on the high end would be acceptable to me, but my target would probably be $135.

Hope this guess/opinion isn't too late. Good luck and let us know if you get it.

oldskoolboarder
04-13-2005, 12:15 PM
But I was too late. Yeah, it had the Ito arm too. Oh well.

dean_martin
04-13-2005, 12:44 PM
But I was too late. Yeah, it had the Ito arm too. Oh well.

I was in a hi-fi shop not too long ago when this guy brought in his H/K T60 for repair because the quartz lock function (or something) wasn't working right. He had bought the table at the same shop over 20 years ago. The guy working there said he couldn't help him. The customer then asked the salesman about Thorens tables. The salesman said they don't make them anymore! The store carries Denon which still makes a turntable or 2, but the salesman never said anything about Denon's tables. I've seen that salesman in this store for years and he's always an a$% hole, so I followed the customer out to the parking lot and told him where he can find the new Thorens tables.

The relevant point of this story is that I didn't even think to make the guy an offer on his T60. It was right under my nose.

Anyhow, something else will come along.