OK...it's Tuesday...watcha listenin' to? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OK...it's Tuesday...watcha listenin' to?

nobody
04-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Why not? I’ll get the Tuesday thing started this week.

Been listening to a few old favorites lately…pulling out stuff I haven’t heard for a while…I’ll just mention a few…

<b>Kraftwerk: Autobahn</b>
Fantastic album that starts off a series of my favorite Kraftwerk albums, including Autobahn, Radioactvitat, and Trans-Europa Express. The 22 minute title track is classic and the whole thing flows nicely, great pulsating electronic sounds from the masters.

<b>The Church: Starfish</b>
Atmospheric 80s pop record, featuring a string of great tracks, including the hits Under the Milky Way and Reptile. I never really listened to much else from these guys, probably because after seeing them on tour for this album, they pretty well bored me silly, no variation from the record, no movement or banter on stage, just stand there like a bore and play the songs straight up, pretty much a textbook of how not to play a concert. But, on record, this is great. I’m still a bit curious what else these folks have done that comes close to this.

<b>The Pogues: If I Should Fall from Grace with God</b>
Damn, I love the Pogues. I hadn’t pulled out much of their stuff for a while, and what a mistake that is. I never got too into Shane’s solo stuff, but with the Pogues, everything fell into place. This one features some of their most energetic stuff, with the first single being a Mexican influenced track called Fiesta. This one started showing a bit more rock and other influences beyond their Irish roots after Rum, Sodomy and the Lash, and is probably a great starting point for people who haven’t listened to them before.

<b>the KLF: The Chill Out</b>
Ambient music of the highest quality. Sounds of trains and crickets chirping mix with electronic washes and steel guitar, with Elvis making a cameo in there as well. If you like Ambient stuff and haven’t heard this, grab it asap. And, in case you’re worried, it sounds nothing like their club hits. Excellent stuff.

<b>Black Flag: Damaged</b>
Classic hardcore album I always go back to when I just wanna head some raw, brutal punk. Their first full length, and personally, I don’t think they ever came close to topping it, outside maybe a few of their early singles. A powerful band at the height of their power.

<b>Minutemen: What Makes a Man Start Fires?/Buzz and Howl/3-Way Tie for Last</b>
The first 2 are EPs and the last a full-length. Great thing is, all fit on a single CDR, which I recorded from vinyl. I like these pretty much just as much as Double Nickels on the Dime. If that’s the only one you have, Fires is the most similar I would say, with 3-Way Tie being the most different from that. They all share the same sensibility, although 3-Way Tie features more structured and longer songs. Listening to the political nature of many of the songs, especially on 3-Way, my wife commented on how nice it would be to have D. Boon around now with the Iraq **** and all going on. These guys are a band I just never get tired of and have aged very nicely. Nothing sounded like them then and nothing sounds like them now…timeless.

<b>From Elvis in Memphis</b>
A classic late period Elvis record. I really think this is close to his masterpiece in many ways. He was always about blending styles, and this record features one of the most seamless blends of country, rock, gospel, and R&B that I’ve ever heard. Not a weak track in the bunch.

Listened to more, of course, but that’s all I got time to write about. Still digging the new Beck a bunch, and listened to the Kills again, which I still like as well. Played some jazz, Jimmy Smith and some other stuff, Hank Crawford, spun a couple nice classical records I grabbed at Goodwill, including some Brahms stuff and some Mozart, the exact titles I can’t remember, a symphony from Brahms and some small ensemble stuff from Mozart.

So, c’mon everybody…what you all listenin’ to?

Jim Clark
04-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Lots of listening through the portable since I’m busy doing lots of chores.

Bloc Party
Kaiser Chiefs, which may be growing on me a bit
Apoptygma Berzerk
De/Vision (2 and Fairyland, and if that isn’t a title just begging for a Yech reprisal then I don’t know what is.)
The new BSP
Alphaville-Salvation

And a ton of boots:
The Notwist-very cool recording, two discs and they bring up members of the opening act (Themselves, described as the Notwist’s favorite band) to add to the setlist. Interesting collaboration. Very good little bootleg.

Depeche Mode
Fiery Furnaces
Ramones
Gang Of Four (some from 2005, some from 1979)
Ridgway from 2004 which is awesome. Some very different versions of his staples.
James – from the greatest hits tour
The Replacements
Siouxsie
Blondie
DK’s
Front 242
NIN

nobody
04-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Front 242 reminds me...I made a CDr for a friend with a bunch of old 12" singles, including Front 242: Headhunter/Welcome to Paradise, Revolting Cocks: Attack Ships, Nitzer Ebb: Join in the Chant, some Severed Heads, and some other stuff...fun day spinning the 12" versions of all that stuff.

richmon
04-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Jean Luc Ponty 'The very best of' -concentrating on the 1975-1985 period, top notch fusion.
Green Day 'American Idiot' - I like a coupla songs, maybe it's a grower.
Joe Walsh 'The smoker you drink, the player you get' - 3 or 4 good cuts here.
Oscar Peterson 'Live to Live' - man I'm digging his stuff, jaw dropping piano runs.
Allman Bros 'An evening with - second set'
Indigenous 'S/T' -their latest disc, they finally signed with a big label, more excellent blues rock from them.
Derek Trucks Band 'Soul Serenade' - Saw them in concert last weekend, the kid has progressed a lot in his chops and slide playing. not sure you'd call it rock, it's got jazz in there also. They sound like early Traffic at times, can't recomend seeing them live enough - watchout Warren Haynes, Derek's playing is really coming into his own, unique tone and technique. Unfortunatly, the album doesn't reflect what you see live, it's only ok.

Troy
04-12-2005, 07:45 AM
The Church- too bad the band was a turd on stage. The earlier the album, the better they are. "The Blurred Crusade" is the one to get, IMO. There's good songs on every album, I've heard them all except the most recent releases. The last few were pretty repetitive. I hear a lot of Pink Floyd in this band . . . Also very interesting are Marty Wilson-Piper's 2 solo albums on Rykodisc; "Art Attack" and "Rhyme".

WTF did I listen to this week . . .

Rheostatics 2067. Played this a couple of times and I really enjoyed that "Tarleks" song. Much of the rest just kinda lays there for me, I dunno. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for this at the moment, but it doesn't seem nearly as creative as stuff like "Whale Music". I'll stick with it.

Genesis- calling All Stations. prompted by another message board. Not nearly as bad as the rap on it, there's about 15 minites of excellent "Tony Banks lush minor-key Genesis synths©" songs.

Jellyfish- Bellbutton. Brilliant album. One of my favorites from the 90s.

Zappa- Zoot Allures. One of my favorites from the FZ catalogue. "I got a girl with a little rubber head . . ."

Buncha my old prog comps in the car too.

KEXPMF
04-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Beck "Que Onda Guero"
Beck "Scarecrow"
Beck "Girl"
Beck - all of Mutations
Out Hud "It's For You" (!!! side project, I think)
Ima Robot "Song No. 1"
The Shins "New Slang"
Kasabian/My Bloody Valentine mashup "Processed Beats ..."
K-OS "Crabbuckit"
Elefant "Misfit"
Chemical Brothers "Galvanize"
The Ditty Bops "Ooh La La"
LCD Soundsystem "Yeah"
Mike Doughty (from Soul Coughing) "Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well"

hammering all morning. apartment above me is doing construction. ugh. :eek:

Troy
04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Severed Heads

Where does one find Severed Heads CDs? I've heard a couple of tracks that I really dug, but have never seen them in a store . . .

nobody
04-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Don't know. I just have some old 12" singles, although I may have a cassette of them somewhere.

I didn't realize their CDs weren't readily available.

If you'd want the cassette, I can look for it. I don't play 'em anymore, so if I find it, it's yours if you want it.

Troy
04-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Don't know. I just have some old 12" singles, although I may have a cassette of them somewhere.

I didn't realize their CDs weren't readily available.

If you'd want the cassette, I can look for it. I don't play 'em anymore, so if I find it, it's yours if you want it.

Thanks, but I have no casette player except in my wife's car . . . and getting her to play severed heads in her car just ain't gonna happen.

Kaboom
04-12-2005, 08:08 AM
what have i bin listening to...
Spock's beard: Snow, Octane, The Light
Porcupine tree: in absentia, deadwing
Oscar petersen trio: we get requests
Marillion: Misplaced Childhood, Marbles
Yes: Close to the Edge, 90125, relayer (i remember getting this as my first Yes download ever, and thinking it was utter trash. two months later i cant stop playing it)
Frank Zappa: Hot Rats
The White Stripes: white blood cells
The moody Blues: Threshold of a dream (godamn isnt dear diary just WICKED)
Jefferson Airplane: Bark, volunteers and After Bathing at Baxter's
aaaand today, a friend passed me Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus. i am FLIPPING OUT as i listen through it for the first time... AMAZING stuff
aside from this, loads of random trash i wasted my time on... including that dreadful new bad religion album (well not that dreadful, just not up to scratch)
oh if anyone could tell me what they think about Kotzev's work, specially this rock opera, i'd appreciate it. Its a name i had never heard and its making a very impression on me...
Cheers!

DarrenH
04-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Some stuff from the previous week namely Marillion and Hawkwind and Mofro.

Jethro Tull - Bursting Out (recent remaster)
Mostly Autumn - The Last Bright Light
Spock's Beard - Octane

A nice care package from Tentoze. The Decemberist latest album that's been raved about around here. It's not bad. Kinda sorta in the same vein as Oasis. The vocals are sung with a fairly prominent British accent. Not my usual listening style but it could grow on me. Drive-By Truckers' Southern Rock Opera. DBT's ode to Lynyrd Skynyrd. It's really a great album. This band hasn't let me down yet. From Decoration Day to The Dirty South, all good music. And Jade Warrior's Last Autumn's Dream . First time hearing this band for me. Not bad. Arty rock from the early 70's. Lots of flute reminiscent of early King Crimson. The song Demon Trucker was completely out of place here though. I guess it was hit for the band but this song ruined the flow of the album and quite frankly, I didn't think it was all that good. How's their s/t debut? Worth listening?

Thanks 'toze

Jazz

Andrew Hill - Point Of Departure. Andrew is an excellent pianist and he has surrounded himself with some great players here. Eric Dolphy, Joe Henderson, Kenny Dorham, Richard Davis and a very young Tony Williams. The music is a slighly on the avante garde side which doesn't surprise me considering the cast of players assembled here. Not bad jazz. A little "free" but not out there like some stuff can get.

Miles Davis - In Person Friday And Saturday Nights At The Blackhawk Complete. This four cd set was recorded at the famous San Francisco Blackhawk in April of 1961. Backed by a great rhythm section with Jimmy Cobb on drums, Paul Chambers on bass and the superb Wynton Kelly on piano these nights smoke. Sets are filled with a nice mix of soft ballads and swingin' bop standards. Superb playing from my favorite tenor saxophonist Hank Mobley.

And finally, one lone classical cd (hey, I am trying to incorporate more of this music into my listening repertoire) Beethoven's Sonatas Moonlight, Appasionata and Waldstein Vladimir Ashkenazy piano. London label. Our friend PatD said this was a must and I agree although I think he was referring to the Pathetique moreso than the Waldstein. I enjoyed this very much anyway.

Davey
04-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Listened a few times to the last Electrelane album and made a post about it. Really looking forward to the new one.

Got a care package from Brad that had a couple cool comps and gave them a spin. Lots of quaint 60s hippie dippie psychedelia that I like a lot :)

Also included a copy of my Twilight comp that I hadn't spun in a long time and didn't have anymore so I took that for a spin and liked it a lot.

Some Pinback and some Neon Golden and some Decemberists. Lots of odds and ends, not really much in the way of real listening.

Just got a few discs from Jay (thanks!) yesterday but only looked at them so far.

Just picked up some new CD-Rs last weekend so can start to pay back a few people I owe for their kindness.

Dave_G
04-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Troy,

I used to have a Severed Heads cd, sold it years ago, sorry. I'll keepa look out for ya.

My toonage:

Mi-Sex - Space Race/Computer Games. Killer new wave 80's stuff.

IQ - Tales from the Lush Attic. Yum yum uh huh.

Galahad - Sleepers

Collage - Moonshine. Great neo-prog stuff.

XTC - Nonsvch. Excellent XTC stuff. But of course I like them a lot anyhow.

Also way cool is I heard today on the radio that DEVO is playing here in June! Whoo hoo!

Dave

dean_martin
04-12-2005, 11:54 AM
<b>Kraftwerk: Autobahn</b>
Fantastic album that starts off a series of my favorite Kraftwerk albums, including Autobahn, Radioactvitat, and Trans-Europa Express. The 22 minute title track is classic and the whole thing flows nicely, great pulsating electronic sounds from the masters.

Kraftwerk? Excellent! I listen to Radio-Activity often. It's my favorite because it's so laid back and moody which I find ironic. Anyhow, haven't listened to much the past 2 weeks until the weekend and yesterday when I had a little time to pull out some vinyl.

DJ Shadow - Preemptive Strike Side 1
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity Side 1 (I almost always follow Preemptive Strike w/Radio-Activity for some reason)
Beck - Mutations Side 1
Sonic Youth - Made In USA Side 1

I listened to some samples of some newer stuff yesterday and today and found some tracks by Death Cab for Cutie, Doves, and Arcade Fire to my liking so I think I'll be picking up some new albums soon. This place is practically my only source for new music/artists, so I appreciate all the new music gurus here.

BinFrog
04-12-2005, 12:17 PM
In my CD carry-case today I have:

The Pixies: Wave Of Mutilation
Phish: 6/22/94 official release (discs 1 and 3)
Tony Williams: Lifetime
Pearl Jam: Rearview Mirror (disc 2)
Mitch Hedberg: Strategic Grill Locations (RIP Mitch...we'll miss you!!!)

Woochifer
04-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Been pulling out a lot of my old vinyl this week, now that I got a decent cartridge fitted onto my turntable again. Add to this the current contents of my desktop playlist.

Electric Jazz, Volume 1
Hi-Fidelity Lounge
Jazzanova - JCR Playlist
Stevie Nicks - The Wild Heart
Ronald Shannon Jackson - Red Warrior
Underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman
Underworld - Pearl's Girl
Jazz In The House, Volume 11
Brian Setzer Orchestra - Guitar Slinger
The Fog - Been A Long Time (12" remix)
Todd Terry - Keep On Jumpin' (12" remix)
Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl (12" remix)
Supertramp - Cannonball (12" 45 RPM direct-to-disc version)
James Newton Howard & Friends (direct-to-disc version)
Rush - Moving Pictures
John Coltrane - Live At The Village Vanguard
Steps Ahead - Modern Times
Pat Metheny Group - Travels

Ex Lion Tamer
04-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand the Weather; satisfied my need for a blues guitar fix.
Eliott Smith - Either/Or; Excellent modern siger-songwriter album...Stone says it's his best and I won't argue, since it's all I got, but I will get more, and let you know.
Roy Orbison - All Time Greatest Hits; What a voice!
Interpol - Antics; After further review I like this one better than "Bright Lights..."
Signal to Trust - Folklore; Moth rock that's a bit of agrower.
Wolf Parade - 4-song EP; saw these guys open for Modest Mouse, and they were great. This Ep has its moments...Isaak Brock is producing their first full-length due in September.
Bob Marley - Catch A Fire;
Al DiMeola - Elegant Gypsy; Yup, this guy can play.
DiMeola, McLaughlin, Lucia - Friday Night in SF; Serious guitar album, with some seriously good sound.
U2 - How To Dismantle...;Vertigo is a really stupid song, but the album ain't half bad.
The Smithereens - Green Thoughts; great power-pop album from those wild & crazy 80s
Sufjan Stevens - Greetings from Michigan; so far, I prefer Seven Swans
Mark Lanegan Band - Bubblegum; fast becoming a favorite from '04.

and some cds too...
Kings of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Alejandro Escovedo - A Man Under the Influence
Los Lobos - Kiko

also Nobody's most great Reggae Comp, and I got, today, Davey's comps Monkey Bone and No Joy No Cover (or something like that). I'm sure they'll prove to be excellent too.

Davey
04-12-2005, 05:37 PM
...and I got, today, Davey's comps Monkey Bone and No Joy No Cover (or something like that). I'm sure they'll prove to be excellent too.
Yeah, they are both excellent. Don't let any of the goobers around here tell you otherwise either!

Wow, I mailed those packages about 3 weeks ago. I was beginning to wonder if any of them got through besides the one to Dusty. Hope you like em, although to be perfectly frank for a moment (instead of perfectly dave) neither one of them is really quite as excellent as I may have portrayed it to be. Pretty good for sure, and better than a kick in the head, but ... :)

tugmcmartin
04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Been spinning the following....

Low Millions - "Ex Girlfriends" - a pretty good spin for the most part, but there's a couple of tracks that are a bit too electronica oriented for my tastes.

Blue Merle - "Burning in the Sun" - gets better everytime i listen to it. A pretty cool and eclectic mix of instrumentation and vocal harmonizing. I love just about anything with mandolin and there's a lot of it.

Alison Krauss and Union Station - "Lonely Runs Both Ways" - just about impossible to get too much of Alison's voice. A good album, but kind of run of the mill and nothing new or groundbreaking from what they've done before. Definitely not their best album, but still good ol' bluegrass.

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - "Live Art" - great live album from this banjo virtuoso.

The Shins - "Oh Inverted World" - fell in love with a couple of their tunes featured on the soundtrack to "Garden State" and bought the album which i like just as much.

Assembly of Dust - "The Honest Hour" - one of my favorite purchases in probably the last two years. Just a fantastic live album. For some reason it really reminds me a lot of the Band's "Last Waltz". Has a sound and vibe that sounds like that mega album. The only thing i knew about Reid Genauer is that he once fronted Strangefolk, but this and his solo stuff are amazing.

There's been some more, but it was bluegrass and nobody cares about that so i won't waste the energy...

Tug

Stone
04-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Pretty much these repeatedly:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg700/g730/g73049ywknd.jpghttp://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc800/c847/c847687ammk.jpghttp://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg500/g524/g52454jdmsg.jpg

Also, a bit of Kiki & Herb, some Cracker, The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower, and BSP.

Dusty Chalk
04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Me -- Matt Elliott, Drinking Songs and Third Eye Foundation, OuMuPo, Vol. 1 -- a one-two knockout punch from my current favourite electronica artist. He really gets that "organic" sound -- makes it sound like one holistic recording. "The Maid We Messed" continues to blow my mind, in the same way that "Download" (by Skinny Puppy) impressed me on the first million listens. It just captures that pressure-cooker-about-to-blow energy.

Also went on a bit of a Rachel's rampage. Dang, they do get experimental, don't they? Except for maybe the first album (Handwriting -- at least, that's the first thing I have by them).

Also been listening to Android Lust, Lhasa, and Supersystem a lot.

Hey Stone -- thanks for bringing up Okkervil River, I've been trying to remember who did that cover (of the previous album). They do have some pretty cool album covers, don't they?

Jim -- Dang, I really need to get this package out to you. Sorry. Perhaps some Beborn Beton to lessen the sting? I also have a couple other things I think you'll like.

mr. budget
04-12-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm listening to my favorite songs right now, and I can;'t believe it they're love songs. Why'd it have to go down like this I don't know. I've moved away from hardcore rap, metal, and techno...to...to...I can't belive I'm sayin this. Seriously anything slow...whitney, mariah, amy sky, corey hart, etc. Now I'm loving love songs all the time...it's wierd to be like this but those music are to me uncomparable in light and beauty...well the ones I like, not just any song off the radio....craig david has a couple good songs. Anyways the list goes on. Enjoy the...(slow) tunes!

Gav_2000
04-13-2005, 03:55 AM
How do you guys fit in so much listening, don't you sleep?

I have had 30 minutes of home stereo listening and a few hours of car stereo listening in the last week.

At home I listened to;

Teenage Fan Club - Four Thousand Seven Hundred and Sixty-Six Seconds: A Short Cut to Teenage Fanclub. I wasn't a huge fan but got this one just out of interest. They got a nice 60's feel to them and I've just realised i saw them a few years ago supporting The Beautiful South.

In the car I listened to;

Marillion - Script for a Jesters Tear and Fugazi. I played these 2 so much when I was younger that even now I know almost all of the words.

Moby - Play. There were so many adverts featuring tracks from this album that after about a year on release I couldn't avoid buying it any longer. I give it an occasional spin but it's actually quite depressing.

Relish - Wildflowers. I believe that this band is an Irish 3 piece who play very listenable guitar oriented rock with a poppy flavour. This is a good album and don't let the next fact put you off; One of the albums tracks (Rainbow Zephyr) was actually covered by the Irish boy band Westlife as Hey, Whatever.

The Tories - Upsideofdown. This is another guitar rock album with a very music (almost pop) flavour to it. I don't know anything about the group but this album is up there with Powderfingers Odyssey Number 5 as one of the best and most listenable of this style.

That's all I had time for I'm afraid.

MasterCylinder
04-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Porky Tree -- DEADWING
IQ -- 7th HOUSE
Dream Theater -- 6DOIT (delicious stuff)
Boston -- S/T
Kansas -- MASQUE
Troy -- NO SOLOS (getting my taste of Bozzio's feel & flavor)
Troy -- ATOM (a tune that I will attempt to improve upon next week)

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Wow, I mailed those packages about 3 weeks ago.

Cross border mail is reeeeeeeeeal slow these days, I've noticed. It took almost six weeks for a package from Finchy to reach me. And about 3 or 4 weeks for stuff that I sent to Finchy and Troy to reach them. Dave, did you ever get the stuff that I sent you? I mailed it the same time that I mailed the stuff to FP and Troy.

The Shins - "Oh Inverted World" - fell in love with a couple of their tunes featured on the soundtrack to "Garden State" and bought the album which i like just as much.

I'm seeing The Shins live on Sunday night. I can't wait!!!

Listens for this week include:
The Zutons - Who Killed...The Zutons.
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World and Chutes Too Narrow
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Rheostatics - 2067 - I guess that I like this one more than Troy, but I'll agree that it isn't Whale Music.
Pinback - Summer in Abaddon - what exactly is "Abaddon" anyway?
Ray LaMontagne - Trouble - The more that I listen to this, the more I like it. Quickly becoming a favourite.

Slosh
04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Pinback - Summer in Abaddon - what exactly is "Abaddon" anyway?

Canada, errr, I mean hell

Davey
04-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Dave, did you ever get the stuff that I sent you? I mailed it the same time that I mailed the stuff to FP and Troy.
Hmmm, I don't think so. In fact, I'm almost 100% positive that the answer is negative. But I'll double check tonight because 100% is never really 100%, is it? What was in it, again?

:)

Davey
04-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah, or a little town in Pennsylvania. Or who knows?

...the literal meaning of Abaddon as "complete destruction or ruin," as well as being the Hebrew name for the demon guarding the pits of Hell. It could, of course, also be referring to the small township in Pennsylvania. The album itself is also full of contrasts, meshing crisp, mid-tempo math-rock rhythms and pristine guitar work with rather cryptic and unsettling lyrics, one part journal entry and one part jagged-romance manifesto. Copious syncopation and vocal harmonies hint at mid-era Sunny Day Real Estate, though Pinback's bass-heavy melodies owe more of a debt to slowcore heroes Bedhead. The group approaches the emotional peaks of early Modest Mouse with the stiff-and-staggered delivery of "Non Photo-Blue" and "Syracuse," but the drums-and-piano arrangement of "The Yellow Ones" hints at a darker direction towards the end of the album. Perhaps not quite dark enough to verge on the aforementioned pits of Hell, but certainly enough to seem pitch black against the idyllic atmosphere of the rest of the record.

Snowbunny
04-13-2005, 04:39 PM

I find this post offensive and thus have requested that you, Slosh aka Sloshy, Studmuffin, Beefcake, Poopypants, Ms Nomer be banned from the board.

I'll take you out one by one, cause after all it is all about me...

mad rhetorik
04-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Interestingly, I also spun Kraftwerk's <b>Autobahn</b>. I love the title track, and also track 3. Can't remember the title (and I can't type in German worth a fart).

Anyway, lots of quality spins from favorite albums this week:

My Bloody Valentine: <b>Loveless</b>
Jane's Addiction: <b>Nothing's Shocking</b>
Can: <b>Tago Mago</b>
Meshuggah: <b>Chaosphere</b>
Converge: <b>Jane Doe</b>
Nick Drake: <b>Pink Moon</b>
Bob Dylan: <b>Blood On The Tracks</b>
Einsturzende Neubaten: <b>Perpetuum Mobile</b>
Bruce Springsteen: <b>Darkness On The Edge Of Town</b>
Tom Waits: <b>Rain Dogs</b> & <b>Swordfishtrombones</b>

Slosh
04-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I find this post offensive and thus have requested that you, Slosh, be banned from the bored.
C'mon, that's no reason to be cross :p

BinFrog
04-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Jane's Addiction: <b>Nothing's Shocking</b>
Nick Drake: <b>Pink Moon</b>

2 great choices