Zu Cables? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Zu Cables?

Shwamdoo
04-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Have you guys heard or heard of Zu Cables? I am trying to get a feel for what they really are.

Thank you.

wfontenot
04-11-2005, 08:24 PM
They feel like rubber since they are sheilded with a PVC coating. Just joking - you left yourself wide open on that one!

risabet
04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Have you guys heard or heard of Zu Cables? I am trying to get a feel for what they really are.

Thank you.

I am using Zu's power cables "Birth" through out my system (quieter backgrounds, improved dimensionality), their "Megular" component video cable from the HD box to the monitor (brighter colors, better blacks, seemingly sharper picture overall), and their "Xaus" tonearm cable on the arm (haven't installed it yet). Very nice cables at very reasonable prices on E-Bay. This is a great company with great CS, great CS!

wfontenot
04-19-2005, 10:03 AM
I just received my new Birth power cord and julian speaker cables from ZU. The cables appear well constructed. Customer service was excellent, and shipping was fast and very afforable. I will write a review after everything is burned in.

Bill L
04-19-2005, 02:04 PM
I have two BoK power cords, a bi-wire set of WAX speaker cables and a couple pair of Oxyfuel interconnects. The BoK is outstanding, WAX is good for the money especially if you like bass. The WAX went through all kinds of phases during break-in so don't be too quick to judge. I just built some SET amps and threw the Oxyfuel on them but haven't done comparisons yet. They seem ok.

vr6ofpain
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I picked up one of their budget interconnects, the Disco. Definately beats the Monster Cable it replaced in sound and looks/build. Funny thing was the Zu cost less!

I do know on there higher line RCA's they use Dayton locking RCA's, which you can get in 4 packs for $10 off Parts Express. That intrigued me. They just have their logo screen on them, and remove the black and red "HI-FI" stockers Dayton ships them with. Have a look for yourself.