Component to VGA/HD15/RGB connector [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Component to VGA/HD15/RGB connector

savroulis
04-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi there,

not a poster user but a very frequent reader......

I have a DLP projector, with inputs for S-video, VGA, and Video in RCA. The projector has no Progressive scan, but my DVD does......

I currently use the S-video connection but some people told me that the VGA input has better quality than S-video. So I am thinking to buy a VGA to component cable

Any ideas or opinions?
thanks in advance

Mtbrider
04-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Check out this page.

http://bluejeanscable.com/store/rgbhv/index.htm

savroulis
04-10-2005, 04:59 PM
but my question was not which cable!!!

but if the S-video cable has far less quality in picture with a projector, that doesn't have a Progressive scan, and if using a Progressive scan DVD, than a "VGA to component cable". Which one will give me better picture....

as for the VGA to component from what I read the best way is to go for a small length adapter, or even better just an adaptor (VGA to Component), and then run 3 component cables to your DVD. ( noone mentions the progressive scan :()

Mtbrider
04-11-2005, 02:30 PM
The only one who can tell you if you are pleased with the results is you. I think this is a case where you're just going to have to try it in your system to see if the improvements you seek are there. Blue Jeans has a 30 day trial period with full refund if you're not happy.