Opinions on Red Hook ESB? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Red Hook ESB?

Davey.
12-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Watching the 49ers and Seahawks right now while downing a couple Red Hooks and surfing some web. Still got My Bloody Valentine cued up for the down times. So what's the word on Red Hook? I've had this in the past and never really liked it so kinda forgot about it, but recently my local had it on sale so I've picked up a couple 6-packs and my opinion has been changing a little. Those twist off caps always turn me off, but it's actually not too bad. Maybe a tad overpriced at the normal sticker, but very drinkable on sale. Qué piensa usted?

Is this what's known as off topic? Hehehe, well maybe, but like I said before, I've got MBV in ready (and a cute new [but kinda girlie] joke in my signature line) :)

skewiff
12-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Red Hook ESB is nasty, what you need is Fuller's ESB way better.
Tony

tentoze
12-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Watching the 49ers and Seahawks right now while downing a couple Red Hooks and surfing some web. Still got My Bloody Valentine cued up for the down times. So what's the word on Red Hook? I've had this in the past and never really liked it so kinda forgot about it, but recently my local had it on sale so I've picked up a couple 6-packs and my opinion has been changing a little. Those twist off caps always turn me off, but it's actually not too bad. Maybe a tad overpriced at the normal sticker, but very drinkable on sale. Qué piensa usted?

Is this what's known as off topic? Hehehe, well maybe, but like I said before, I've got MBV in ready (and a cute new [but kinda girlie] joke in my signature line) :)

I've found it to be like most other beer, with a few noteable exceptions - the more you consume, the better it tastes.

NP: SUN KIL MOON, Ghosts of the Great Highway: The whole world should hear this.

Davey.
12-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Red Hook ESB is nasty, what you need is Fuller's ESB way better.
Tony
Hehehe, you must be a much more sophisticated beer drinker than me because it didn't taste that nasty at all. I do agree that Fuller's is quite a bit better, but at a cost of about twice what I paid for the Red Hook it really should be :)

I just checked at http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=662 and it does have a respectable score, although certainly not outstanding. And Fuller's is of course rated much higher as it's one of the best. But I don't expect all that much from a Seattle twist top bottle of beer at $4.99 per 6-pack so was pleasantly surprised with the Red Hook.

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/beer.gif

Dusty Chalk
12-27-2003, 10:00 PM
I just had a WinterHook the other day, it wasn't bad. Definitely not "nasty". Now, Samual Adams, that's nasty.