FREE Sound Experience DVD from B&W Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : FREE Sound Experience DVD from B&W Speakers

Tarheel_
04-05-2005, 04:42 AM
hey guys, thought i'd pass this on....can't wait to receive it!

Free Sound Experience DVD from B&W Speakers

http://www.bwspeakers.com/bw800/getadvd_en.html

topspeed
04-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Cool Beans,

Thanks for the link.

Rock789
04-05-2005, 07:03 PM
awsome!
thanks dude

itgbkj
04-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Geezzz... thanks for the link! I hope I can get one demo DVD for my set-up. I've been salivating from the audiophile shops who have copies of those demo discs! It's difficult to secure one - FOR FREE. It's always for sale.

MCF
04-06-2005, 06:38 AM
What is so special about this DVD?

Eric Z
04-07-2005, 05:45 AM
it's free!

LEAFS264
04-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Did anyone receive this yet....if so what the hell is it. I'm still waiting for mine.

N. Abstentia
04-26-2005, 10:41 AM
No arrival yet.

LEAFS264
05-17-2005, 10:40 AM
No arrival yet.

Anybody get this yet!!! What is it??

jasmit
05-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Just got it in the mail today. It's a DVD which, for the most part, is an advertisement for the B&W 800 series speakers. Explains the theory and science behind them and shows parts of the manufacturing process. Interesting and entertaining. It does contain some very nice music -- which I must say sounded exceptionally good on my Paradigm Reference Studio speakers. ;)

Geoffcin
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Anybody get this yet!!! What is it??

Making him watch this DVD would be one of the best things you could do to RGA.

It would be like a Clockwork Orange!

luvs2jam60
05-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Just got it in the mail today. It's a DVD which, for the most part, is an advertisement for the B&W 800 series speakers. Explains the theory and science behind them and shows parts of the manufacturing process. Interesting and entertaining. It does contain some very nice music -- which I must say sounded exceptionally good on my Paradigm Reference Studio speakers. ;)

How long did it take for your DVD to arrive in the mail? I sent all my info to B&W about 2 months ago and still haven't received it.

PAT.P
05-17-2005, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Tarheel_]hey guys, thought i'd pass this on....can't wait to receive it!

Thanks Tarheel for info ,received the dvd today.Pat.P

PAT.P
05-17-2005, 08:19 PM
How long did it take for your DVD to arrive in the mail? I sent all my info to B&W about 2 months ago and still haven't received it.
Took around 6 weeks for me .Pat.P

topspeed
05-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Making him watch this DVD would be one of the best things you could do to RGA.

It would be like a Clockwork Orange!
Hoo Hoo....snort...grgle...heeheheheeh...:D:D:D!

Throw Flo in there too, willya?

The picture in my head is going to bring a smile to my face all day today!

Thanks Geoff!

Oh yeah, still waiting for mine :(.

Tarheel_
05-18-2005, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Tarheel_]hey guys, thought i'd pass this on....can't wait to receive it!

Thanks Tarheel for info ,received the dvd today.Pat.P

in this expensive hobby of ours...it's refreshing to receive something for FREE.

i received it the other day, but waiting for a chance to sit down with some cold beer and watch.

jasmit
05-18-2005, 06:35 PM
I ordered it just after reading the first post in this thread -- so, about ten days. You might want to re-order it.

N. Abstentia
05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Got mine today. Basically an infomercial for B&W's 800 series with some music. Definitely worth watching, and definitely worth the price :)

topspeed
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Just got mine, too. Apparently it takes around 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to goofing around with it.

For those of you that have it, I'm confused about the playback method to be used. The first track states 5.1 and stereo mixes, 2-4 are stereo, 5 is 6.1 and stereo, and 6 is DTS 5.1. Thanks for that B&W. What are you guy's doing to maximize playback or am I fretting over nothing?

PAT.P
05-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Just got mine, too. Apparently it takes around 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to goofing around with it.

For those of you that have it, I'm confused about the playback method to be used. The first track states 5.1 and stereo mixes, 2-4 are stereo, 5 is 6.1 and stereo, and 6 is DTS 5.1. Thanks for that B&W. What are you guy's doing to maximize playback or am I fretting over nothing?
I'm playing mine at PCM STEREO and works fine at this playback.Pat.P

dean_martin
05-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I see some of you have actually watched the dvd. Mine came with my May issue of Stereophile, which raises many issues for the paranoid audiophile. I've had it for a month and haven't watched it, but the info on the back suggests it might have some good music and video footage. I guess I should have put this in instead of Anchorman last weekend.

J*E*Cole
05-25-2005, 11:11 AM
I got mine with Sterophile last month and really enjoy it. The recordings are phenomenal especially when listened to in DTS instead of PCM. The Gabriel video is pretty good too and it's sound is super clear and powerful. Also this disc turned me onto Porcupine Tree, it's got their song "Blackest Eyes" on it and it really rocked. Worth a look.