Anyone interested in my Brand New Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD Player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in my Brand New Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD Player

hershon
04-04-2005, 12:29 PM
If anyone is interested in my brand new Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD player (specs below) with remote, manual and all, which retailed for $529 plus tax which I'll give you alot cheaper, please let me know right away before I list it on Ebay. It looks beautiful and sounds great but I don't notice any improvement over the sound quality of CD's whether I connect this digitally or by analogue from my existing set up.. They say you're suppose to give it 36 hours to notice a difference but I don't have the patience for that. I also have a new $125 pair of audioquest/cinemaquest Diamonback Audio RCA interconnects & a $40 Optilink-G 1m Toslink Optical Cable again by Audioquest/Cinemaquest, which I've used for all of a half an hour today, that are also available from me at a lower cost both seperately or together

Specs:
D/A Converter Wolfson WM8740 24 -Bit/192 HZ Capable
Freq Resp (-.5db) 10 Hz to 20hz
THD < -92db
Dynamic Range >105 Db
Channel Separation > 75db
Jitter (Correlated) < 260 pS
Digital Outputs Optical and Coax
Dimensions 17" X 12.2 X 2.75
Weight 10 pounds

shokhead
04-04-2005, 12:45 PM
If anyone is interested in my brand new Cambridge Audio Arza 640C CD player with remote, manual and all, which retailed for $529 plus tax which I'll give you alot cheaper, please let me know right away before I list it on Ebay. It looks beautiful and sounds great but I don't notice any improvement over the sound quality of CD's whether I connect this digitally or by analogue from my existing set up.. They say you're suppose to give it 36 hours to notice a difference but I don't have the patience for that. I also have a new $125 pair of audioquest/cinemaquest Diamonback Audio RCA interconnects & a $40 Optilink-G 1m Toslink Optical Cable again by Audioquest/Cinemaquest, which I've used for all of a half an hour today, that are also available from me at a lower cost both seperately or together.

I'm shocked you dont have the patience. LOL LOL ;)

hershon
04-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm shocked you dont have the patience. LOL LOL ;)

Buy it now Take Advantage of my ignorance while the going is good!

topspeed
04-04-2005, 01:00 PM
You'll get more money if you use audiogon instead of ebay. Audiogon is populated by audiophiles that will know the difference between Cambridge Audio and Cambridge Soundworks. The vast majority of ebay'ers couldn't tell you the difference between Bose and Bryston.

Geoffcin
04-04-2005, 03:53 PM
You'll get more money if you use audiogon instead of ebay. Audiogon is populated by audiophiles that will know the difference between Cambridge Audio and Cambridge Soundworks. The vast majority of ebay'ers couldn't tell you the difference between Bose and Bryston.

I'll second the use of Audiogon.com. You will bet fair maket value there. They just raised the posting fee, but it's only $4.

hershon
04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
I'll second the use of Audiogon.com. You will bet fair maket value there. They just raised the posting fee, but it's only $4.

Thanks if no buyers tonight at $435 including free shipping I'll list on Audiogon tommorow.

Geoffcin
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks if no buyers tonight at $435 including free shipping I'll list on Audiogon tommorow.

I would put on a CD and let it go non-stop for the entire day. Sometimes it just takes some burning in to make things jel.

shokhead
04-04-2005, 05:13 PM
I would put on a CD and let it go non-stop for the entire day. Sometimes it just takes some burning in to make things jel.

I'm to old to go non-stop all day. Opp's,wrong forum,sorry. :confused:

hershon
04-04-2005, 09:22 PM

I'll try this Thanks

To be honest the quality is very good and the only differences I can tell between the sound from my Harmon Kardon 31 DVD player is this CD player seems to push the sound more a little in your face if that's the word and the HK sounds a more natural. smoother & not as forced.. Again, this can just be my personal tastes. If I didn't have my Harmon Kardon DVD player, I would be very happy with this.

topspeed
04-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Geoff my good man, you know I'm a fan of CSW. I've got a CSW table radio in the kitchen and I bought the 'ol man a 5.1 CSW HT (he loves it!). Sorry if I inadvertantly equated CSW with Bose, that was surely not my intention.