BEST DVD's to show off my NEW/FIRST surround setup? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BEST DVD's to show off my NEW/FIRST surround setup?

BoostedA4
12-27-2003, 10:02 AM
I just got an Onkyo HT-S760 Home theater setup with Onkyo DV-CP701 5-disc CD changer. So far I'm amazed with it's performance, but i'm also coming from just stereo sound out of the TV's speakers.

I have watched The Fellowship of the Ring and Gladiator, which both sound great, but I was wondering what are some of the best DVD's to showcase the surround setup? I've heard U-571 is absolutely amazing. I also got The Two Towers for Christmas and I have high expectations for that as wel..

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

dld
12-27-2003, 04:37 PM
The first 30 minutes are just stupifyingly good. Play it loud if yer speaks can take it. The Matrix is also a fine show off yer system DVD.

Mr Peabody
12-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Surprisingly good movie and great surround effects, bullets flying, airplanes flying around and lots of explosions. I had no intentions of watching this movie. I got it in a 2 for 1 package deal with The Rock. The Rock's sound was disappointing however when I watched Pearl Harbor, comes in DTS, I discovered an assume movie. Both Star Wars are good to show surround as well. If I remember correctly I think the 2nd X-men was pretty good.