This is just great! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This is just great!

Rock789
04-03-2005, 08:23 AM
I picked up my 4 focal jmlab chorus 716 s speakers yesterday, (the center was not yet in)...
one of the boxxes had a hole in the side, and they said they opened it up to check the speaker and it was ok... I believe them...
I get home... well there is a scrape in the side... ok... I can have it replaced, but at least it will sound good for now....
I plug it in... it sounds like only the sub is playing... what the heck... I go to take the grill off... the grill is broken too...
come on...
so I have 2 good speakers, 1 bad, and 1 I will test here in a little bit...

word of advice... don't trust the sales guys if they say they checked the speaker...

Mike

Lord_Magnepan
04-03-2005, 01:12 PM
That sucks, make sure to go to the managment and get some extra free money or cables.

Besides being ticked off, how do you like your new speakers? I have a Chorus SW700 staying around here somewhere. Havent hooked them up since no speaker needs it, but its great nonetheless.

Rock789
04-03-2005, 02:46 PM
I love the 3 speakers that work...lol
I took 3 months to find the speakers I wanted... I finally ordered them 2 and a half weeks ago at the area shop (they don't stock the cherry finsh)

we'll see what happens, I have to head back there next weekend when the CC 700 S comes in...

thanks,
Mike

MusicLG
04-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I love the 3 speakers that work...lol
I took 3 months to find the speakers I wanted... I finally ordered them 2 and a half weeks ago at the area shop (they don't stock the cherry finsh)

we'll see what happens, I have to head back there next weekend when the CC 700 S comes in...

thanks,
Mike

Hey Rock. I empathize with you. I recently got my Focal JMLab Electra 926s, and one of the boxes had a hole in the side. My dealer is good...together we opened the box to assure that it was a slash in the crumple zone only...and fortunately, it was with no damage to the speaker. But you're right, assume that you have to advocate for yourself and check stuff out before you leave the dealer. Good luck with the speakers...I love mine.

Rock789
04-03-2005, 06:45 PM
do they still make the electra be, or only the s series now?
both are very nice, but out of my price range ;o)

Worf101
04-04-2005, 05:55 AM
First I'd come down to the store with you carrying a baseball bat,.... jest to lend a little emphasis to your arguement... Second I've never heard this brand of speaker in the flesh and I'd like to see how they'd sound...

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Da Worfster :cool:

Rock789
04-05-2005, 07:20 PM
the shop has another speaker in stock they are gonna swap me... what loads for saying they checked it and they didn't...

worf, is that a photo of Robert Shaw in Jaws under your name?