Denon AVR1905 or Marantz SR4500. Which one better for music? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon AVR1905 or Marantz SR4500. Which one better for music?

shuffle
04-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi, i'm trying to build my AV system and i want to have good music performance. I'm confuse to choose between Denon AVR 1905 and Marantz SR 4500. Which one will bring better performance in music? Or should i go for more expensive receiver like Denon AVR 2805 to have good music performance? I'm planning to use B&W 601 as main speaker and maybe PSB subsonic 5i as sub.
Thanks for any advice..

hershon
04-03-2005, 08:26 AM
I can only repeat what was good for me, others may have had different experiences. A month ago I bought at retail with $100 discount the Denon 2105 receiver and a Denon DVD player. As soon as I hooked it up I said this sucks! Note I probably could have fine tuned it alot better if I knew what I was doing but the CD sound should have at least sounded much better than my built in JVC DVD receiver and it didn't & I didn't need to spend $1000 Plus for this experience so I returned it the next day and got a full refund. A few weeks later I saw in Ebay that I could purchase using the "Buy it Now" feature a Denon 3801 receiver with manual and remote in excellent working condition from a seller with a very good reputation for $450 including shipping. I went ahead and bought that and also spent $250 on a brand new Harmon Kardon DVD 31 player, at a $100 discount. The result is incredible sound. Based on my experiences, you should try to get the highest number Denon you can afford which from your post sounds like the 2805. I'd also recommend you trying to find the best deal online- whether new or used if you have a good feeling on the seller. Good luck.

Hi, i'm trying to build my AV system and i want to have good music performance. I'm confuse to choose between Denon AVR 1905 and Marantz SR 4500. Which one will bring better performance in music? Or should i go for more expensive receiver like Denon AVR 2805 to have good music performance? I'm planning to use B&W 601 as main speaker and maybe PSB subsonic 5i as sub.
Thanks for any advice..