I'm suprised this site hasn't shut down [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm suprised this site hasn't shut down

grampi
12-27-2003, 07:22 AM
This has got to be the deadest forum I've ever seen. I've never seen another forum where topics will sit unanswered for weeks, if they're answered at all. Why is this forum so dead?

_Luke1_
12-27-2003, 08:36 AM
The audioreview staff allowed the BS on the prior board to go on far too long. Alot of active members left because the competition provided a better product. While I was never a very active poster, I stopped visiting for the same reason. Only time will tell if the activity picks up.

This isn't the first time you've complained about it. Is there a reason you keep asking?

grampi
12-27-2003, 09:39 AM
It just seems strange to me that a media like this one is available and yet so few people participate in it. Considering the plethora of electronic equpiment there is, you'd think a forum like this would be a non stop flow of information.

trollgirl
12-28-2003, 10:34 AM
or we're like flies buzzing around a hunk of meat. More are bound to show up. Later, maggots..

Laz

Worf101
12-28-2003, 12:11 PM
We all got other things on our minds right now... I thimk.

Da Worfster....
:p

RGA
12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
This new format is irritating as well. This may be another reason no one comes here.

yakkosmurf
12-31-2003, 08:01 AM
I think complaints about the new forum are a bit unfounded. I, for one, am glad to see this messageboard finally step up to the new software upgrades that just about every other board on the web is using. The format is much easier to read, allows more flexibility in posting messages, and helps keep track of what you're read and participated in. I think it's a vast and much needed improvement. Difference with this board and other ones I visit is that the participants here seem to be older, more prone to complain, and less fond of change.

grampi
12-31-2003, 10:21 AM
I don't mind the new forum at all, in fact I think it's actually pretty decent, which puzzles me even more as to why this forum has so much inactivity.

Feanor
12-31-2003, 10:33 AM
This new format is irritating as well. This may be another reason no one comes here.

And that seems to be mainly because the same few adverts are downloaded again and again and again, evertime you switch posts, reply, etc..

It's driving me crazy. It's also driving me more often to Audio Asylum.

joel2762
01-01-2004, 08:04 AM
I don't know what anyone else thinks. But I say--This place rocks!
Later on -Joel-