A friendly word of advice for yamaha receiver owners... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A friendly word of advice for yamaha receiver owners...

Audioman00
04-01-2005, 09:01 PM
attention owners of certain model Yamaha receivers, I noticed when i went to jam today, my display on my RX-V870 no longer lit up, so I proceeded to grab a flashlight and shine into the display area only to notice that it still works correctly, but just doesn't light up anymore. Well, long story short and after haggling with yamaha parts, online distributors and the like, I called my old stereo repair buddy from my days at rat shack, and the little light in the back of the display that yamaha wants 7.50 plus s/h, and you cannot seem to find in-stock online anywhere, is just a plain old 272-1140 incandescent bulb for about 1.38 plus tax at Radioshack. so I just thought I'd share this in the catch-all forum hoping to spare someone else the time and headache of finding one of these damn little bulbs.
Hope this helps someone (considering people still run solid old pro-logic receivers) lol :)

Rock789
04-02-2005, 10:27 AM
thanks for the heads up dude,
sorry you had a pain finding the solution

Mike

nightflier
04-08-2005, 03:07 PM
I second that comment from Rock. It's this kind of advice that makes me come back to the discussions again and again. I don't have a Yammy, but it's always good to know this. Thanks!