looking for an audio gear repair forum [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : looking for an audio gear repair forum

ginahoy
04-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Hi Gang,
I've had pretty good luck fixing my own stuff with assistance from the good folks that hang out in online forums like this. Now I have a cassette deck that's sick (Sony TC-KE500S) and need some expert advice. I'm hoping it just needs a belt, but the symptoms suggest otherwise.

I've been on this forum before, but doesn't look like there's much support here for repair-related questions (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyone know of a good forum for audio-related repair questions?

David

dean_martin
04-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Gang,
I've had pretty good luck fixing my own stuff with assistance from the good folks that hang out in online forums like this. Now I have a cassette deck that's sick (Sony TC-KE500S) and need some expert advice. I'm hoping it just needs a belt, but the symptoms suggest otherwise.

I've been on this forum before, but doesn't look like there's much support here for repair-related questions (please correct me if I'm wrong).

David

Cassette deck repairs have been addressed on the "analog" board. It sometimes takes a while to get responses because it's the forum less traveled around here, but the last posts regarding Nakamichi decks and Akai decks generated several responses.

markw
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM

Davidhttp://audiokarma.org

Ok Dave, my turn. Who is Gina hoy? ;)

ginahoy
04-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Ok Dave, my turn. Who is Gina hoy? ;)Hi Mark,
If one were to parse my user ID, it would be "gin-ahoy"
Ginahoy was the name given to a boat that belonged to my parents. My mom's name was Ginger and my dad's name is Hoyt... (I'm not sure, but I think there might have been some hidden reference to alcohol) ;)

Oh yeah, and thanks for the lead!! Looks like a lot of traffic in the 'turntables and tape" forum.

David