How to use PINK NOISE [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to use PINK NOISE

StageQ
03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
I've got an old Audiosource EQ-ONE ll with a built in pink noise generator and a mic.(No manual) I bought it from a friend years ago and never used the pink noise. He didn't know how to use it either. If someone could give me an idea how to use it or let me know if it's worth using, I would appreciate the help.

Adcom GFA 545 (white)
Adcom GTP 500 ll (white)
Adcom GCD 575 (white)
Klipsch Quartets (1 pair)
Audiosource EQ-ONE ll

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-31-2005, 11:20 AM
I've got an old Audiosource EQ-ONE ll with a built in pink noise generator and a mic.(No manual) I bought it from a friend years ago and never used the pink noise. He didn't know how to use it either. If someone could give me an idea how to use it or let me know if it's worth using, I would appreciate the help.

Adcom GFA 545 (white)
Adcom GTP 500 ll (white)
Adcom GCD 575 (white)
Klipsch Quartets (1 pair)
Audiosource EQ-ONE ll

It's not worth using. This was included with the eq to use along with the spectrum analyzer to (supposidly) correct room problems. Unfortunately 10 bands of eq, and 10 bands of spectrum analyzation won't "bust a grape in a wine factory" in terms of addressing room problems. 10 bands is hardly enough control, and resolution to even come close to fixing even the smaller problems.

Don't bother.